need answer asap

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

Just need to know if i can use the cream Canesten( for yeast infections).
I have thrush on my nipples again and i havent had it since Kiara was a few months old and then thats what the doctor told me to use.
Is it safe to use while pregnant?
Thanks for you help.
Katrina :)

Found this on the canesten site mate

Can I use Canesten® while menstruating or pregnant?
Although Canesten is safe to treat vulvovaginal yeast infections during menstruation, the treatment should ideally not be performed during a period and should be completed before the start of a period.
Hormonal changes during pregnancy increase the risk of vulvovaginal fungal infections which should be treated immediately. Although this is aclassical condition for self-medication, it is highly recommended that pregnant women consult a physician before starting treatment.
During pregnancy it is better to use vaginal tablets because they can easily be inserted without an applicator.
This removes any possibility, however small, of injury to the foetus. Canesten itself is not known to cause any damage and can be used safely during pregnancy.

Hi

Thanks so by the sounds of it i can use it on my nipples then :)
Katrina

katrina i would go to the doctors and get some proper medication. The thrush might look like its only in your nipples but it may well be in your milk ducts which will casue you great pain and misery if its not treated properly. :)

Hi Katrina!

i currently have thrush...down there ...

Saw my doc last Thurs and I have been prescribed Canesten cream.

I would double check first though :)

hope you feel better soon though :hug:

Im the same as kirly, been prescribed canesten by the doctor too, so im sure it is safe to use during pregnancy, but im not sure about nipple thrush, like budge said your best going to the doctor to get it checked out. Good luck with it hun, i know how irritating it is and definatly a symptoms we can all do without :hug: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back