Help! Any solutions for Thrush?

LittleMe

Reaction score
I've had thrush for about a week now, and started using Canestan cream (only the 1% stuff) on Saturday. It's not itchy anymore, but is still there as I've still got the discharge and it's all a bit red and swollen :oops: sorry if tmi!

Does anyone know if there's anything else that's safe to use in pregnency? I was hoping to use the pessary, as it's worked every time in the past for me, but not sure if this is safe or not? x

Natural yoghurt?

try not to wear any materials that will irritate even more, let the air in about it as often as poss and just use plain water for a while

:) cant think of anything else x

I've used the pessary with the cream whilst pregnant before. Check with the dr first tho, i'm sure they'll prescribe it for you.

:hug:

i would go docs and get a tablet, when i was pregnant with emma i had it all the time through my pregnancy and it's ok to use a pessary (but only use your finders to insert it) also i would say try to get rid of it asap it's not pleasent is it :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the advice. I've made an appointment with the doc on Friday so I'm praying they give me something that works! I know it's common during pregnancy, so is it likely it could go with treatment and then come back again?

I'm starting to feel sorry for my OH though, as he hasn't seen any action in the bedroom department for AGES! First I was a bit worried about doing it, then didn't fancy it, then he was banned from going near my sore boobs, and now this! It's been that long he's starting to wonder how I got pregnant in the first place :rotfl: Poor guy!

My Doctor told me to use epsom salts in the bath and nowt else - it did clear it up but it took a bit longer than the cream did!

Sue

it is possible to come and go after treating it but at least you can get rid of it when you know you have got it earlier ratehr than later :hug: :hug:

hi,
I've suffered with thrush a couple of times now whilst pregnant.
My dooctor prescribed me the pessary and tablet thing but said the pessary could go too deep so although the internal tablet is safe, you can only insert it unsing your fingers and nothing else.
It is worth checking with your doctor anyway though, i cant remember if i was given this after first trimester, a lot of things that are dangerous in the first 12-13 weeks are a lot safer after that.
Hope you feel better soon.

Once it's cleared I find an Acidolphus (bacteria) supplement is great to prevent it's return and AFAIK is dafe for use in pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back