need an opinion on an online trader and paypal protection

valleygirl24

Reaction score
As I am basing my nursery on Humphreys Corner I have been searching everywhere for a nice humphrey border. I found this website selling one but I wanted opinions on it. Ive got a feeling about it that something isnt right. They have a link to their ebay auctions, although once you go to the link it comes up saying that they are not a registered ebay user.
Is there anyway of finding out whether they have previously been trading on ebay?
The ordering info on there asks you to email the people to see if items are available and then pay them via cash, cheque or paypal.
Does anyone know whether I would have protection from paypal if I were to use them?

A number of people here were scammed by someone (possibly on ebay, definately paying by paypal) and because he had cleared the money out of his paypal account before anyone realised and put in a dispute to paypal they didn't get their money back. Their was nothing paypal can do as they can only give money back if it is in the other party's paypal account. So it became a police issue instead and I don't know the outcome of that.

If you're not comfortable, don't buy from them. It's not worth the stress. Mothercare do the border.

If the items are bought via ebay then you have full paypal protection.............if you pay via paypal and the item isnt bought through ebay, then you dont have any protection!!

Ebay own paypal, hence you are better buying any items directly through an ebay account if you can!

Of course if you pay with a credit card etc you should be covered by its protection!!

I woudn't risk it... it's not like they have made a type either as I can't find any sellers with a similar name by searching on ebay's website.

Looks alittle dodgy to me babes, theres no address or contact number on the website so havent been able to see if they are trading under a different or simular name. If it was me i'm afraid that i would look else where. :(

Thanks girls, I wasnt sure if it was just me being paranoid. Have now been searching for a different border as I dont like the current humphrey one in Mothercare. Have got a list of different ones to pick from now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back