• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need advice on movements of baby@ 40+5wks

angiemum2b

Reaction score
I dont know what to do.

My LO is going completely mad at nights to the point where im crying in pain because there's hardly any room in there for her to move anymore.

Last night was bad i didn't get to sleep until 2am because she was just going for it. :cry: :cry:

Now would you ring anyone or just say it was normal and one of those things.

I told OH this morning and he just brushed it off kept saying she was excited and having a shuffle, but last tuesday the midwife said to monitor baby's movements for less or too often aand if either contact hozzie or her.

I have a hozzie appointment booked for thursday morning for a sweep should i just hold on till then ? :think:

Girls i have no one else to talk to at minute that doesn't want to keep saying those famous words ' haven't you had that baby yet' so i hope no one minds me asking for your advice. :(

You poor thing, have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

As I have a biff baby I totally sympathise with you as I have had this happen a few times where she gets herself into such an uncomfortable position that every wriggle from her hurts me......

As your overdue and they tend to be more cautious, I would recommend that you call your midwife or local birth unit for advice as they do say to let them know of a sudden decrease in movement as well as any movement that classes as "frantic" which you feel would be out of charachter.

I'm sorry the OH is being pants, men unfortunatley can be rubbish at the best of times and because bubbs is not in his tummy he just wont see it the same way you do. I'm sure he does not mean to be a pain in the ass.......

Give your middy a call, I'm sure she will suggest you pop along and get a quick CTG just to be on the safe side....

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, it's just your LO wriggling down into a comfy position totally oblivious to the jabs and scratches she's inflicting on poor Mummy......

Now go make that call! Do let us know how you get on...... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww I'm with you on the whole everyone asking you if you've had that baby yet :evil: :talkhand:

I would call your midwife just to be on the safe side. It is probably nothing and bubs is just limbering up ready for birth but it would be good to get wired up and check that LO isn't doing any damage by being so hyper. At this point I wouldn't worry about needlessly worrying your midwife - that is what they are there for :hug:

And definitely keep us updated :hug:

Awww that sounds awful :hug: I'm constantly worried at the moment as mine's super duper quiet....I feel the odd shuffle but keep having to deliberately sit awkwardly to kind of make her move. Mine went really active before settling and engaging, maybe it's that?

Your MW is there to call should you need her, so don't worry about contacting her if you need reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back