Need advice growing up girl

evie_smith

Reaction score
My girl is 5 but a swear she is going on 15! Love her to bits but she is very ignorant - all of my family have said this you can ask her 20x to do something and she stares into thin air! Lol so it's very frustrating and she is quite lazy. If I can belle can you go and get this or that from your room then we can do (what ever it is I need us to do) she will say "oh I can't as I'm tired/have an achy leg/need to scratch my head" lol you get the idea - anyway that's not the problem as most of the time I turn it into fun if you go and get your clothes changed super fast we can sing ring a roses ext ext but today she just didn't want to! I was watching Zand and Chloe and they both went and got their slippers on 4 and 2yrs old! Now belle said she couldn't find her other slipper and I told her to go and look one more time just incase, she said no and said "I just can't see it ok?!" (I think it's the attitude I'm asking about) I said "belle don't talk to me like that! Now go and look for your slipper if you have cold feet you will get ill" (we have all laminate/tiled floors) she said "no I'm not! I hate you!!!!"

Now this is what I'm asking!! Is this normal behaviour?? It really upset me so I walked off and then danny told me not to slam the door but I told him I was upset she then continued to shout "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you" for about 40 seconds before her dad went and told her to stop! Why would my child say this?! And where in the world would she get this from? Just because I want her to be warm!!!! Now otherwise she is a beautiful, well and happy child she just doesn't like moving or being told/asked to do things I think she sees herself as senior and adult before her years she bosses the other two around as like she is in charge. In the end she would only talk to me after I went to her room to look for her slipper for her!!! And then I had to say how would you feel if I told you I hate you she cried and I said see its not nice is it? She said no and I told her I loved her dearly and we were happy again. Then after tea she ate and came into the lounge she started to play with toys and I said "belle bab leave the toys for a min come and sit up with me to let your dinner go down" she looked at me then continued to do what she was doing I repeated myself (I didn't want her to end up in interjection she ate fast) and she looked at me as if to say "yea I can hear you I'm just not doing it" and carried on so I told her "put the toy down now and sit on the settee" she sighed and laid down on the settee so I said "belle bab you have just eaten please sit up with mummy let you tea go down" and then the same - had to tell her 5x before she listened to me and then she burst into tears?! I have her a hug - but is this normal? She is 5 not 15 I don't understand why she is being so "hormonal" lol what do I do to combat this? To help her? I don't like to see her so upset I've asked her what's wrong but she says she is happy and she loves me ?! And happy at school and happy in the new house?! Help!!!!

i am unsure why she is doing it and what to do to solve the issue but my son has just turned 7 and it gets worse. lol
he is so ignorant it angers me.. point blank refusing to listen unless i say something he wants to hear, selective hearing.
iv started taking things from him if i have to ask him more than twice! his tv on a weekend,( he isnt aloud it on a school night anyway) his ipod too.
it works for a while, its just a case of trial and error with alfie but the only advice i can give is to nip it in the bud now!

when alfie told me he hated me i sobbed for ages. then realized he doesn't even realize how much he hurt me or probably what hate even means, so i explained that it hurt me and that hate isnt a word to be used lightly especially not towards your own mother! i even said do you hear me tell my mum i hate her. just so he understood it wasnt right!

kids will try anything to get what they want when they want it, or dont want to do something... its just spotting what the trigger was, and trying to solve the issues before it becomes a shouting match. it doesnt make us or the child involved feel good! good luck with this, im still battling it now :)

It's ok she woke up with a pounding headache and I figure that's why! She could have told me she wasn't too well though mind! She had been get a pound in her head all day as she put it! Gave her some medicine and she has been fine All day! I think telling her I hated her yesterday when I said how do you feel when I say this "" and said it and she cried and I explained that it wasn't real but wasn't nice she couldn't apologise more! I've taken her iPod off of her (yes she is 5 and has an iPod!) she loves it and isn't pleased she can't have it! I told her having a headache isn't an excuse to shout and pout and ignore people! She had a headache after school today and as a result had no pudding and is now being nice as she has consequences so I *think* were on the right track! Lol xxxx

The kids think they have a rough life lol... I wish I could ignore everyone when I have headache :)

sent from galaxy tab, cant see tickers and excuse my typing errors :)

Haha! Don't we all!! Well she is asleep now but as long as I've kept her topped up on calpol she is nice as pie again! As soon as that 3 1/2 to 4hrs creeps up she gets arsey! Lol think they may be coming down with something as my son won't stop sneezing and says he feels ill! I dread to think what she is going to be like as a teenager! As she is a little terror when she has a headache! Lol!! She needed topping up around dinner and Zander threw some of her dinner on the floor to try and get her in trouble but I caught him he immediately "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry mum!!!" I didn't end up putting him in the naughty corner as I just wanted him to eat as I think they are getting ill and might not eat tomorrow (you never know with kids and he only got a warning) but she was all "ha!" And "and you thought you could get away with it!" I was like omg (it was her tone it wasn't just patronising she was almost shouting at him!) lol!!!! So I have her a top up and she was happy again! Lol

Sounds like you have your hands full hehe;) I have no advice just didn't want to read and run.
Don't want this to sound funny but could she be feeling left out at all ?? Or might she be worried with baby on the way ?

Nar she is so excited about the baby coming :) and doesn't feel pushed out we do loads together :) that's why I couldn't understand it but she is under the weather so that's why. My mum said I was the same at her age! Woops! Lol

My friend's LO (6) is just like this with her mum but is good as gold for anyone else. She gets all the lazy excuses or bossing around "mum, go and get me..." It's definitely a personality thing. She's just a little lady with attitude and always has been. Makes me laugh but then I'm not her mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back