I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee1985

Reaction score
If Dior is having a tantrum she will head but things to hurt herself.
she dont always do it in temper, eg. i will say no she will drop her lip slowly walk of if im not fafing after her she will hit her head on the wall she will then do it again then when i look she will drop her lip cry and come running up to me.
some times she will do it in temper though, eg. i sat her in the trolly round tesco she wasnt happy and smacked her head full force on the handle.
she constently has a huge red mark on her head some times she does it so hard she is all drosey after and seems miles away.

its so hard to watch but i dont no what to do? giving her attention is just playing her game and encouraging her to do it?
Please help!!!!

I'm really not sure babe, have you asked your HV?
Hope she stops soon the poor mite :|

Ewan is doing the same, if i say no to something he wants or is getting annoyed because he cant explain what he wants he will head butt anything with in range or bend down and hit the floor, i'm trying to ingore it, but its hard when he hits sharp things.

Haven't got any advice but i can say i think a lot of kids go through it. Jess used to do it till she was about 2 and she also used to bite herself in temper and me come to think of it.

My nephew used to do this alot. Its very hard to watch them do this, but they are doing it for your attention. We were told by the doctor to just ignore him everytime he would head butt the floor. Which we did, even though it nearly killed us to just do nothing. But he did stop. Once he realised he wasnt getting our attention he stopped completely :D

i was told that if they looked in danger to just move them to the middle of the room where they cant hurt themselves and leave them

Today she tryed head butting Harley in anger :shock:

i don mind her hitting it of the wall and can just egnor her because all my walls are plaster board it just sounds loud but dont hurt but when she is on the kitchen floor i just pck her up and let her head but the living room carpet,

its killing me though.

hi hun

Sorry to hear she is being a pickle, the girls have given good advice there is not a lot you can do, but just ignore it, we have a huge cushion at work and when our little ones start head butting something we pick them up with no eye contact, we dont talk to them and place them on the cushion as its a lot lot softer and they calm down quite quickly once they realise they havent got any attention. I know it sounds corny but its just a phase that she will grow out of soon.

Hope it all goes ok hun :hug: xx

hi dionne, my next door neighbour used to do this she was terrible her mum used to have a bean bag an when ever she started headbutting things she'd move her to the bean bag so she didnt hurt herself?!?! it worked for her as she wasnt really hurting herself but yet she was gettin her anger out still! sorry i havent got any better advice, hope it all settles soon for u.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back