Need advice asap

Pregnot

Reaction score
For the last few days I've been getting spots in my vision like spots of lights moving away

I had them again before and googled it - scared myself to death now as it says could be a sign or pre eclampsia and I don't know whether to ring midwifes or not to check
I'm really worried now

What do you think? Should I ring them or is it wasting their time?

Yes, you should get checked hun. Blood pressure can cause this. Good luck x

Thing is I'm at midwife on weds so do I leave it until then or ring and see what they say on phone?
I don't wanna go and waste their time if its just dehydration or something

No I wouldn't advise leaving it until Wednesday. Your BP needs checking, I'm a nurse hun and work with patients with high/low BP so any symptom that could be related to BP should always be checked in my opinion.

Never worry about wasting their time. Best to get it checked hun x

Get in touch with a midwife Hun ASAP xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What they all said hun xx you're never wasting their time... get it checked out xx

Agree with the others, you must get yourself checked immediately! x

the worst that can happen is they say not to worry and all youve wasted is a phone call. Deffo give them a ring and ask them what they think x

Hi hun

I've already posted a question today as Im concerned about pre eclampsia too. I've had one episode of like seeing spots for about 30 seconds. I'm on medication to lower bp anyhow and had protein in urine last wednesday.
I would contact the hospital and see if they will check your urine and bp. I think I'm going to have to do the same in the morning as I now have a headache too which is another symptom, but just stressing about it could be giving my the headache!
Hope it turns out to be nothing. xx

Given that you are only 25 weeks, it is unlikely it is pre-eclampsia (although not impossible) but it is very likely to be caused by a change in blood pressure which is something that does need to monitored. It may be a one off or they may suggest medication of a daily dose of asprin to keep your BP down to minimise your risk of pre-eclampsia later on.

However, leaving it till wednesday is too long in my opinion to wait. Any symptoms relating to blood pressure should be reported staright away so that the midwifes can build up a picture of your health. You should have a number for community midwifes, of not, I would phone the Day Unit at the hospital first thing in the morning.

I just got back - I rang them and they wanted me to go up

all looks ok had elevated bp when I went In but reduced over the 2 hours they put me on monitor baby's trace was fine
did a full examination including reflex tests etc... said they are sure it is not pregnancy related and referred me to eye hospital

Such a relief!

That's a relief Hun. It was worth getting it checked x

Yayy glad you got checked out, its never a waste of time when your preg

And best see eye doc soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member