nearly stopped...... need help to have the last ever...

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty & Dieting' started by dad_in_june, Feb 22, 2006.

1. dad_in_june

dad_in_june Active Member

ok

I've been a smoker for about ....8 years (bloody ell)

I was on about 20 a day... and baby is due in june..

I'm now on less than 5 .... though I buy the odd 10 pack when i'm feeling against it.

Bascially... I smoke when I'm stressed... bored .. and feeling low.

I found it easy to kick the 20 a day habit... but now I want to kick it completely... I've tried the patches and they don't seem to do anything for me..

I work in a call centre... and we're not allowed to eat at our desks.. so the craving builds up .. first break I can manage... but at lunchtime I tend to nick a ciggy off my dad .. who smokes and I live with

any suggestions? I get really narky when I'm trying to stop... and really not good when I've with the OH, though I don't feel the need to smoke when i'm with her - which is a good thing in my book!

2. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

Hi Dad-in-June - firstly - why are you up at stupid -o'clock when your baby isn't even born yet!!?? :shock:

Secondly - well done on the cutting down, that's a great start.

Thirdly, in case you missed it, try this post (and there's a link to another one within this)

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6569

A lot of it is geared up to the ttc or pg mum, but it also relates to the dad's as well.

Oh, and forthly - Good Luck!!!!

3. dad_in_june

dad_in_june Active Member

lol

I'll check out your post

I'm up at stupid oclock cause I am basically stupid... I worry to much and can't shut my mind off.. sure my stupid sleeping pattern will help in the future though :lol:

Though I did sleep in for work this morning :oops:

4. lmwarr

lmwarr Well-Known Member

Hi dad in june.

I have recently stopped smoking and found the best way to stop was just cutting down. I also started smoking Silk Cut Silver cut down to three a day then one and then 1/2 before bed and now im over it. So as long as you constantly try to cut down you will eventually beat it. Good luck. Wish my O/H would stop now.