NCT Classes... we have to supply our own lunch...

SuziQ

Reaction score
Helloo...

I have managed to get OH and I onto an NCT class, on 2 Saturdays... I got a letter last night, that said that we have to bring our own lunch.. .
Which is ok, fair nuff, grab a sandwich from the local garage/ tescos, but NO.. we have to bring a group plate... and the leader will call and let us know what to bring, savoury or sweet.
Firstly.. I am working and not at home really, untill we go on Sat am.. how am I going to make something for like 10 people..
Secondly.. this is costing £135... why the feck aren't they providing a loaf of bread, and some ham/ cheese out of that money!! NCT are earning a lot out of us....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thats it..
Just wanted to shout about it.
Feel better now.

Think it takes the p1ss a little bit though eh?

I will bring a french stick... and dairylea spread... :rotfl:

That's a bit... odd! Never heard of that before. What if you're someone who is weird about food and doesn't like eating what others have cooked/made? LOL

Take something very simple, as you said, some bread and cheese etc. People will understand that you are busy. You are right, it is a pain in the bum when you are working.
As for the cost, I know it is pricey, but the NCT is a charity. The money they get from us has to train ante natal teachers, breast feeding counsellors and pay for all the teaching resources. On top of that, it allows the NCT to continue work with local health authorities and the government to make pregnancy and child birth as safe and as happy as possible. Also, those of us who can afford to pay are helping subsidise those people who need support but are less able to pay.
I completely agree that it is expensive, but think of all the good work you are helping to perpetuate. :hug:

True... I forgot its a charity..... :oops:

As long as she doesn't call me, and suggest I bake a cake or a lasagne or something.. which is what I think I was envisaging :) ooopss

:D

That's really odd - taking food for people you don't know.
I assume they think it will be a bonding thing or something but it just sounds like hassle to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back