Spent all weekend at ante natal classes.....

kmac

Reaction score
... and they were actually very good.
They were NCT ones and really informative. I feel much more informed now about options that are available which I don't think my NHS classes really went into.
In saying that it means i have more to think / worry about but it was really useful.

We have to go back tomorrow night for the last bit on breastfeeding.
I am knackered though - it was 10-4 yesterday and today!!

One useful tip - I am now putting a packet of Dettol anti-bacterial wipes in my hospital bag for cleaning the bath etc in the delivery room :puke:

kmac said:
... and they were actually very good.
They were NCT ones and really informative. I feel much more informed now about options that are available which I don't think my NHS classes really went into.
In saying that it means i have more to think / worry about but it was really useful.

We have to go back tomorrow night for the last bit on breastfeeding.
I am knackered though - it was 10-4 yesterday and today!!

One useful tip - I am now putting a packet of Dettol anti-bacterial wipes in my hospital bag for cleaning the bath etc in the delivery room :puke:

glad you enjoyed them, every delivery room should be cleaned thoroughly inc the bath after each use, did they say something to put you off?

I didnt bath my DD in the hospital, just wiped her down. that night i went home and bathed her in her new tub :) i can imagine what they are like! how exiting i wish they had something like that here! do you have anymore tips ? :D xx

Well, apparently to do the whole proper steam clean takes a few hours and our hospital is so busy they just don't have time... so they do clean but not as thoroughly as you may expect :puke: :puke:

As for other tips... well I thought you had to have the injection to get your placenta out quickly - but apparently you don't. you can just let nature take it's course.

I am having a bit of information overload tbh!! We got to try out all different positions for during labour - that was interesting! And DH practiced changing a nappy! (he managed quite well - but it was on an inanimate doll!)

I LOVED my NCT classes and still keep in touch with the mums/dads/new babies from there.

They were very informative and really make you think about your options and I love the fact they promote all the natural, what-we-are-built-for philosophy. As for the physiological third stage - I'd definitely recommed it.

Good luck with the breastfeeding workshop kmac - the woman probably taking it is very militant (if its the same one I had), but what she's saying is still very valid and she gives good tips, and gives you and your OH plenty to think about.

Valentine Xxx

Glad you enjoyed your classes.. mine have been brilliant and very informative too. I am going on a hospital tour this afternoon :cheer:

Glad your classes went well KMAC, I was thinking about you this morning as I hadn't seen you on here for a while.

Good advice about the bath. This is quite gross, but I remember my friend telling me that she had a bath after labour, once in the bath, she noticed some blood on the far side and was certain it wasn't hers!!! :puke: Not pleseant.

Bexie said:
Glad your classes went well KMAC, I was thinking about you this morning as I hadn't seen you on here for a while.

Good advice about the bath. This is quite gross, but I remember my friend telling me that she had a bath after labour, once in the bath, she noticed some blood on the far side and was certain it wasn't hers!!! :puke: Not pleseant.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: ewww gross not having a bath now do they have showers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back