Anti nausea drugs

Sarah13

Reaction score
So I decided to see the doctor today about the constant nausea and my silly vomiting phobia as I'm getting really stressed out and not functioning properly or eating for fear of being sick but now I'm paranoid about the drugs I've been given to help with the sickness incase they harm the baby. I read up online and it says it's not been cleared for pregnancy and the effects are unknown. I'm taking prochlorperazine, anyone else taking it or have done in the past?

Hi Sarah, I havent heard of that one so I am not sure, my GP put me on metochlopramide, its good and has no side effects that I have noticed, doesnt entirely stop the nausea or sickness for me as I have it pretty bad but it does take it down a notch. When I ran out I immediately went back to being sick 20-30 times a day and not keeping anything down, when I am on it I am only sick once a day.

When I was in hospital at 7 weeks they put me on cyclizine in IV form and tablet form, I had it for a bit but it made me very very sleepy so I went back to the metochlopramide again. I think if you are unsure or unhappy go back and tell your dr, say you want to try a different tablet, at the end of the day there are loads of brands of anti sickness to choose from and some are safe in pregnancy so rather than worry get one that will put your mind at ease xx

I've suffered terrible sickness, I was exactly the same as Bunnykins vomitting constantly, my doctor has given me promethagen hydrocholoride dont know if thats the same as your on Bunnykins, they sound pretty similar. My sickness is alot better now, i'm only sick first thing and goes away after I eat. My doctor said the one i'm on is perfectly safe for pregnancy he did say there are other ones that doctors are "undecided on" he said...who knows what ones they were.

I've decided not to risk it just now and try and muddle on as I am for time being, hubby not keen on me taking anything either, I'll see how this week goes, long as I don't throw up I think I can cope, just not getting any normal life stuff done!

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I wouldn't be able to go to work or take my daughter to school without the tablets so for me they're a life saver!

Try eating as soon as you wake up, much as I hate doing it, it does help to take away the sickness, try and get up and just sit still for about an hour then get dressed ect.

:)

Luckily my daughter is a teenager so I don't have to worry about cooking for her and taking her to school, she's been very understanding so far and wants to help, still feel a bit guilty tho about not running around after her as much as usual! I'm self employed and work from home so managing to cope with that. I've tried the very slow morning today and don't feel as bad this morning so could be a good tip, thanks.

Aww - I bet you'll be well pleased you have a teenager when baby comes, she can help you with different things. I was 15 when my little brother was born and I loved him to bits, used to watch him all the time while my parents were busy and take him out for walks to show him off to my friends!

Yeah the slowness thing really works. Glad your feeling a bit better today, I have good days and bad days too - infact I got up today and this is the first time all week that i've not been sick. I actually quite like waking up a bit earlier than usual and just relaxing wathching the tv and sipping a cup of tea before the usual morning chaos. Gives me time to get my thoughts together and generally i'm not as stressed on those days.

It's nice to hear about people with such big age gaps, I've been a bit worried how she would feel as she been an only child for so long but she seems more excited than I am so far! Sure the novelty will wear off when I want her to baby sit lol!

Last edited:
What age is your daughter?

I was an only child untill I was 11, I wasn't really that bothered when baby arrived, my mum had another baby when I was 15 and I bonded so much more, it was brilliant spending time with him ect, and I would watch him at nights if my mum had something on or going shopping. I had a double bed and when he was a toddler he would wander through to my bed and snuggle in with me at night it was really nice.

She's 14 so won't be far off 15 when baby is born so hopefully she will have a special bond too. Quite strange for me a I was a young mum with her and think I'll be an older mum with this one!

My mum had me when she was 17 and my brother when she was late 30's and she always says she was the youngest mum in the playground when I was at school and the oldest with my brother.

When my daughter was born her uncle (my wee brother) was only 5 which was a bit strange!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back