Naughty Little Madam

Bloom

Reaction score
I have just got back from my 38 week midwife and the naughty little madam is not even engaged yet :( (on my notes it says 4/5 so shes getting there slowly) shes also not in the best postion so the midwife wants me to spend as much time on my ball trying to move her over to my left side before she drops even more.

On the plus side i have no room left now so the only way out is down.

I also have to do a kick chart because her movements have slowed right down and i need to keep an eye on it.

I suppose one of us has to go overdue and its looking like its going to be me. :(

Aww. Don't worry too much I'm sure babies don't always have to engage before labour starts. This was certainly true in my case anyway. Sean wasn't engaged at all when I went into labour.

:hug: Ahh there's still plenty of time. I don't think mine dropped down more until at least 39 weeks.

I also think mine might have slowed down around the time she moved down? She def had a few quiet days. Seems to be making up for it now!

And as for the overdue club, well, looks like I'll be joining up too on Friday :wall:

:hug: Nah, I willl be overdue too!
Glad baby is ok even if she has been naughty and wriggled her way in to the wrong position. I hope the movements pick up a wee bit so that you are not too worried. My baby has started having very long periods of inactivity now, but when he/she does go for it, I know about it.

I found out that my baby is lying on the right side yesterday. I am curious, what exercises do we need to do on the ball to move it to the left? I try to lie on my left side when I can, but I need to do something more proactive to get it wriggled over.

Thanks ladies im just a bit fed up and now it looks like i have ages left afterall.

Happybunny the midwife just said to spend as much time sitting upright rather than slouched with your back straight and keep your knees lower than your hips. Im just going to sit on my ball every evening.

Baby is lying quite far into my back so i need to move her forward.
This baby has spent the whole pregnancy on my right side so i cant see me moving her now.

Its not a problem it would just help me in labour if she was in the perfect postion.

Ah hun im sure your baby will move into position soon
lots of bouncing on ball and pineapple eating

sarah :hug: :wave:

i bet you will be on time bloom

it is peeps like me who have felt their babies low and feeling engaged for months that are probs gonna go overdue, my friend went early and she had not had any braxton hicks nor was baby engaged....
you can just never tellx

I don't think engagement actually plays that much part in whether you're early or not having read the other thread on 3/5 engaged on this page?

Also I'm worried about this left side / right side thing. Connie's back was on my left side curled round from 28 weeks til last week and now it's on the right :wall: the midwife thinks that's what caused the back pain the other night because she was turning over and there's no room in there any more.

Is it worse if they're that way round then? To clarify I mean MY right not right as you look at me.

Oh and Judy :hug: :hug: :hug: for little madam not being engaged. GET ON THAT BALL!!!!!

:hug: :hug: Like the others have said, engaging early doesn't really have much effect on how soon you pop.

I'm starting to think I might go overdue, my cervix is still too high to reach. I think Logan is enjoying his constant supply of milkshake and chocolate and doesn't find the prospect of coming out to 6 months of plain milk very tempting :lol:

oh Bloom!

At least she is engaging a bit...my little monkey isnt at all now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back