Natural methods of induction

Miracle babe

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that reflexology and homeopathy can help in getting labour started. Has anyone else heard of this? Am wondering if its worth a go :|

yes you can have yoyr feet done to stimulate labour i do believe. :?

Had it done. It was lovely and relaxing, good for late pregnancy pampering, but baby was still late I'm afraid!

LittleMinx said:
Had it done. It was lovely and relaxing, good for late pregnancy pampering, but baby was still late I'm afraid!

Bugger :wall:

Yes that is correct, I'm a qualified reflexologist myself and have been trying to treat myself - stimulating the right points but somehow it's not quite the same!!!! :roll:
Was suppose to be a case study for a friend of mine but it all went a bit pear shaped, bummer!!!! But if you know of any good reflexologists in your area it's definately worth a visit... hmmm I could kill for a treatment now, besides it also helps with the recovery of giving birth by boosting the body and supporting your immune system.

That's cool that you are a reflexologist Daggers. I don't know much about it but what sort of things can it be used for?

qualified but not practising - didn't want to give up the day job at the time for finanical reason but may try and incorporate a few days after baba is born and settled. Also a qualified Indian Head Masser. Reflexology can help with a varity of things, but if you look at a lot of illness they can generally be linked to stress, that's why I believe it is vital to be selfish and pamper yourself on a regular basis as your body will only accept so much before it starts to shut down. Also peoples lifestyles - especially food in take has a MAJOR effect on ones well being - Skatty I could rabbit on for ages but I won't bore you. Initial I started to have reflexology treatment to help regulate my periods so that I could eventually concieve and that sort of what started the ball rolling for me. It's great and relaxing for both the therapist and the person recieving the treatment - obviously :wink:

I had a few treatments pre-natally along with hydro-massage. My therapist told me it would help recovery, and I have to say I'm feeling great. My uterus has shrunk back down and have no problems with my healing stitches, plus am in very positive frame of mind.

I definitely recommend pre and post natal pampering! :D

My friend had reflexology at 40+2 and went into labour the next day, so who knows, it may have had something to do with that! :think:

Izzyx

My friend is a qualified reflexologist (only just got her qualification) so I asked her if she could start me off and she refused. Think she didnt want to take on the responsibility which is fair enough. Surely there is no danger to baby if I were to go now though, got me thinking :think:

can't see why she won't do it :think: baby will only come if its ready anyhow i suppose,.

Miricle babe - reason why she probably didn't want to treat you is because you generally need to do a separate and more focused course on pregnancy and reflexology. However with you being as far along in your pregnancy it shouldn't be a problem, they general do say that you shouldn't receive treatment in the 1st tri but that's only because if you did have a miscarriage you don't want to be pointing the finger at your therapist! However realistically your reflexology treatments won't be a cause for miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back