list of links about natural induction methods

petchy

Reaction score
ok, can you tell i want this baby out??? it's saturday night and i've decided to compile a list of links to sites that list natural ways to start labour! i'm sure all the "usual" methods will be there, and hopefully i'll find some i'd not heard of too! to save you looking them all up i thought i may as well cut and paste the links as i go along!

http://www.mother-care.ca/induction_meth.htm
http://www.lifepassages.net/NaturalInduction.html
http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/natInduxSum.html
http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/natinduc.html
http://pregnancy.allinfoabout.com/featu ... nduce.html

might add more later! lol

From the first web-link.....

Making love with your husband or partner once a day, don't get up right away after and elevating your hips is a good idea. This let’s the prostaglandin in your husbands (partners) semen coat your cervix that helps to ripen it. Also semen orally has been said to help, as prostaglandins are absorbed orally as well as vaginally.

I had to re-read that last bit....

.....really??!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

somehow doesn't appeal to me..... maybe it'll taste nicer mixed with a glass of orange juice????? lol

no way... although i'm sure OH would be pleased to say the least!

DH is at the golf course (i know!!!! sunday mornings) i've just sent him a text message telling him about this!!! Hope I haven't spoilt his game.... I think it would take more than a glass of orange juice... maybe adding a drop of champagne - an expensive bottle!!! Then again I can learn to be patient...
x

sorry shouldn't even be in here (3rd trimester) just being nosey!!

Good luck with your births ladies

x

Just read all the pages, thanks. Most of them were similar and so we need
1. Sex
2. Pineapple
3. Massage including nipple
4. Loud music

Think if we did all these at once something might happen ?
They all mention Castor Oil, I don't think I am brave enough for that though. Anyone tried it??Which ones have you tried Petchy? So far I have tried 1-3 but not all together so.....

well, i'm sure i'm trying all of these a little too early! lol, don't know if they will have any effect as i'm only 37+3! but for the last 3 days i have

- walked lots, also went swimming yesterday
- bounced about on my gym ball in front of my PC (as we speak too!) to help my pelvis open up
- got the breast pump out for about 20 mins of nipple stimulation! (i call it a test drive! lol)
- had a hot bath (finally got clary sage oil today so will add that to tonights bath!)
- taken raspberry leaf tablets (done this since 35 weeks)
- THOUGHT about having sex...if that counts... OH works nights, so difficult to fit any cuddles in! he's got a night off tonight though, so he'll be forced to do cuddle-duty later! twice perhaps, to catch up! lol! (other nights it's been me and my buzzy friend :oops: to at least achieve a big O if no prostaglandins!!)
- massage on the acupressure points, but it's kinda hard to reach myself!!
- meditation, relaxing and visualising going into labour
- talking to bump and telling him to come out! lol, i'm a nutter i know!

tonight i shall also do a bump massage with a bit of clary sage in a carrier oil, and next week i have one of my regular reflexology sessions so will ask the lady to see what she can do for me! i might try the pineapple as i really like it anyway, so will pick up a couple of fresh ones from the market tomorrow, but i'll stay well clear of the castor oil! yuck!!!

have actually considered trying the oil of evening primrose internally as a couple of the sites said, but go into laughter fits when i think how funny it's gonna look if the capsules don't dissolve completely and come out stuck to baby's head!!!!

Going shopping today to buy 2 pineapples it says in one of the articles that to get enough to start labour you would need 7 but I really dont think I am up to that!!!! Sat here drinking my raspberry leaf tea which makes me want to vomit!!! Maybe the vomiting will help!!! Guess its back to the nipples, I must buy a breast pump soon!!!!

i had one sip of my friend's raspberry leaf tea when she was taking it a year or so back - and it was so vile i decided there and then i wouldn't take it! so i'm on tablets/capsules! MUCH better and certainly gets my recommendation!!

hi petchy.

when you used your clary sage oil did you mix it with a carrier oil to massage? i bought some today but not sure how to use it. do you think it will be ok to use?

claire
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

well petchy, i'm slowly going to start on diy inducing as well. i was told the baby would be early (not premature) so i might as well! if you're nuts then i am too! i'm not even 37 weeks yet

i am going for the pineapple and nipple stimulation as anything that might make you sick or sore is just not appealing (curry, bumpy car ride). finding nice fresh pineapple at the moment is not easy though :?

:lol: :lol: as for cuddles well seen as i dont have the father with me anymore i was wondering if i could order a shot at the sperm bank hahahaaaaaaaa -sorry to those i might shock i have a sick sense of humour :D

anyway baby in the next 2 weeks would be grand!

did you mix it with a carrier oil to massage
yes i mix it with some sweet almond oil. for massage i use just a drop or 2 of the clary sage in a "handful" of carrier oil. or i put about 15 drops in a bathtub full of warm water and have a good soak. no idea if this is right or not, but i've not had any drastic effects yet...

as for cuddles well seen as i dont have the father with me anymore i was wondering if i could order a shot at the sperm bank
hmm, wonder if they do mail order? with OH working night shifts it's kind of hard to get hold of his "merchandise" if you know what i mean.... can't exactly ask him to produce a sample for the turkey baster before he goes to work can i???? :lol:

pips said:
i was told the baby would be early

why did they think this pips? if you dont mind me asking!

to be honest KIM, i'm not quite sure. it was when i was back in france i got told this. i went for a quick ultrasound with a gynecologist (spelling?) who was actually the top doctor at the ward and all she could see of the head was the crown (bou hou no face) as the baby was far down and facing 'out'. she asked my mum if i had been early which i had (3 weeks) and said there was a fair chance this one would be too.
i havent seen my midwife in a month and a half now, but i have an appointment tomorrow so i will see what she tells me then
to be honest an early baby sounds like bliss

just been researching clary sage oil for you girlies! :D
dont know if there is any point me writing all this as its prob somewhere on many sites but anyway:
*clary sage is a great tension reliever, but it can make you feel sleepy. it can make everyone in the delivery room euphoric and feel spaced out. use in a compress rather than massage oil. not a good oil if you have gas and air or gen anaesthetic
*soothing bath (this is what i do its great) is couple of drops lavender oil in warm bath
*compress for lower back/abdomen:
to 300ml warm water add 2 to 3 drops of clary sage, jasmine or lavender oil. swish cloth in mixture squeeze and apply for as long as necessary (especially for early labour)
*standard pregnancy massage oil:
base oil: 80ml sweet almond oil with 20ml avocado oil
add 10 drops of tangerine and 5 neroli oil or 10 tangerine and 5 lavender

basically you have to be loaded to buy all these oils (i got mine as pressie for xmas) but this was all taken from a good book by allison england. hope it helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back