Natural Delivery With Chronic SPD?

purplehippy

Reaction score
Last night's post in labor and birth section has disappeared :(

Basically, I've got chronic spd and other probs and have given birth naturally before - but am shitting myself about a natural birth this time because the spd is there 24 hours a day, every day.

Can anyone who has given birth while having had chronic spd, tell me what it's like/ whether you had to take any other route to give birth etc?

Seriously? Can someone offer me something?

Got to get offline, will be checking back.

:(

Sorry honey, I've not had it or got it but didn't want to read and run. Hope someone can help you.

xx

First time with SPD so wanna know myself!

Remember reading someone had SPD think it was lealea.... somthing or other. Might be worth looking for her labour thread. Hope that helps not had SPD myself, well not severe anyway. x

I know Lealea had a natural delivery which ended in c section but have no idea if that was anything to do with her SPD.....it is something you really need to talk about with your midwife. When I was in hospital there were 2 girls with really bad SPD, so bad that was the reason they were hospitalised....they were both induced early around 37-38 weeks but both had normal deliveries. I think as long as midwives are aware you have it they can avoid certain positions (like legs a kimbo in stirrups). I've read that best position for SPD is on all fours xxx

Hello! Just spotted this tread so I shall give you my exprience. I'm afraid it isn't pretty.

I was diagnosd with SPD at 18 weeks or so and had to leave work because of it, I was on crutches by roughly 22 weeks. I was on 120mg of dihydrocodine a day plus my limit of paracetamol, they upped the dihydrocodine to 240mg on the really bad days but they said to do it very rarely. I was induced at 39 weeks as I was in so much pain but ended up having such a bad birth experience that I wish i'd waited.

I wanted to use the pool but because i'd been induced, I couldn't so I went through labour normally. I did my entire labour on gas and air only as I kept refusing an epidural. The baby was back to back and her head was unusually large so I ended up having forceps. By the time I was in full blown labour, I couldn't notice my SPD at all as the other pains were overriding it. Because I had to be cut for te forceps, they did put me up in stirrups (which I had to be strapped into because I kept trying to get out as I was convinced the pain was because of my SPD).

All in all, the SPD gave me no trouble with a natural delivery at all, if you have an epidural it may be different but SPD certainly didn't cause any extra pain or difficulties to my delivery. And here's some hope for you, as soon as I was on my feet after the birth, the SPD had vanished completely and ive had no signs whatsoever of it since. :D

PM me if you need anything.

xxxx

I had SPD with my first she was 9lb 2 so pretty big as i'm only an 8 and I had a natural birth in the water with just gas and air. It was fine hun. I have SPD worse this time and I'm not worried as it didn't affect me the first time. I think if it is that bad the gas and air will help any pain you may have with that as well. I didnt even notice that pain first time round. good luck xxxx

Thanks guys and I'm sorry its taken me forever to get back online - the contract for my mobile broadband on the netbook is over now, and I don't get on the laptop as much.

I'm sorry to hear that not all the experiences have been positive.

The outcome of yesterday's appointment at hospital is, they will induce me at 38 weeks, as it's not just spd that is causing me problems. But the consultant did seem to think getting me in the birthing pool would be a good idea, pain management-wise. I didn't think you could have a pool with induction though - maybe it depends on how they induce you.

I've also been given some tramadol - to take once before bedtime. I actually got a bit of kip last night, in bits - kept needing the loo. Will see how different it is tonight, as I was very much exhausted AND got into a state at the hospital yesterday (I have anxiety disorder) so tonight might be different.

Thanks again - I've certainly got some ideas and things to discuss with my midwife on tuesday. She's taking me for an early tour of the hospital etc, I prefer an early one because I've ended up in early with my first, and then in again twice a lot earlier for complicated miscarriages. Saves more anxiety!

Yes good luck ....sounds like they're doing everything they can to help which is good to know :) xxx

hi i had spd with my first 2 and had it from the start delievred natually with both hoping to do the same with this one. let me know how the water birth goes was thinking of trying that myself although my babies tend to drop their heart rates towards the end as my labours are quite quick. hope u get some relief from the spd xxxxx

Cheers again guys.

When I have had Daisy, I will leave a thread in the birth section with my birth story in - that way I won't be so cross when my absent mindedness lets me forget who asked what!

I slept for 12 hours last night, I feel like a million squids, woohoo!

Cheers again guys.

When I have had Daisy, I will leave a thread in the birth section with my birth story in - that way I won't be so cross when my absent mindedness lets me forget who asked what!

I slept for 12 hours last night, I feel like a million squids, woohoo!

12 hours? OMG you lucky woman! I got about 5 hours and that was a really good night for me! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back