nappy-off time?

trixipaws

Reaction score
iv never done it until recently, millie only used to hav her nappy off if i was changing it, or she was in the bath! but she's never had nappy rash so it didnt matter so much. iv just started doing it recently now shes crawling/climbing/walking and the rate off accidents is 100% so far! :lol: yep first time she poo'd and the last 3 times she's wee'd! lol she did a wee today in her high chair while i was doing her breakfast, it dripped down like waterfall! she has a slightly red botty tho so i wanna soothe it with fresh air.

my questions are:

1. how many minutes/hours per day do u do it? or dont u do it at all?

2. those who do it, is ur accident rate as high as mine?! or am i just unlucky lol

thanx curious!

I let Arianna have nappy off time in the house every morning, but I have a few pairs of little knickers now that I put on her. They are loose and cotton so the air still gets to her little bottie, but also catches any accidents

Fynn has nappy off time at teatime...about 4 til 5 before bedtime.

We make sure he's had his poops for the day,,,and then just let him rol around on the rug in the living room ... he's had a few pissy accidents :D but we dont mind that... just clean the carpet with hot water afterwards! SarahH I like the idea of the knicker thing :think:

He loves his nappy off time.

We sit/lie Ellie on towels, we have loads of accidents but its easy enough to clean up if theres a towel underneath. We tend to do it for about 30mins to an hour before bath time :)

We usually do nappy off time on the change mat in the living room between 5.30pm and 6.15pm ish - after tea and before bath. It used to be so easy - she'd just lie there, kick her legs, occassionally roll - and that was that!

Now she's everywhere, in at everything and never stays on the change mat and we're not keen on the accident potential! Never mind, we'll do it though as its kind on her bottom.

Valentine Xxx

Ryan hardly ever has nappy off time - the few times he has he's weed on the carpet :lol:

I've started doing it more now cos it's easy enough to clean up and he loves crawling round nudey 8)

dstends to have nappy off time before his bath, although if he's got a sore bum I'll give him more than usual. If he's needs to sit anywhere I put him on a towel.

We don't often have accidents anymore, he's only ever done one poo with his nappy off, it was about a month ago & he was mortified - he kept saying 'oh dear, oh dear' over & over! If he wees I just mop it up - I'm in a rented house so don't care that much about the carpets :D :twisted:

dsloves being naked, he often escapes after his bath & runs around all nudey & covered in talc :D

Last edited:
Isaac has about 2hrs a day, after his nappy is taken off on a morning and before his nappy for bed on a night. We don't do it for nappy rash as he too doesn't get it, just a few times when he's been teething, but I do feel he needs airing as he wears disposable nappies :) He's only poo'd twice whilst it's been off and that's in about 5months, and he usually always wee's but I really don't care, just clean it up :D

I dont have a set time but i usually try and do it at least once a day. he absolutely loves it soon as its off his legs go straight up in the air and he sort of does a pedaling in the air "dance" until hes knackered.

Id say he prob pees every 10mins! :roll: little sprinkles each time lol his dad says hes just marking his teritory! :D

Evie has loads of free-time everyday at different times during the day... in fact she probably spennds most of her day with no nappy on when we're at home or at Nanna's. She absolutely loves it.

Usually we just lay her on a towel on the floor with a bin bag underneath the towel to protect the carpet and if she wees then we change towels. I must wash about 5 to 6 towels everyday!

She's just learned to roll a full 360 so she's all over the floor at the minute... looks like any accidents might not be so carefully caught anymore!!!!!!

I normally make time every nappy change.

I leave his nappy off for about 10mins while we 'chat' together and I have a piece of tarpaulin or the change mat on the floor in case of accidents.

If he's only wee'd in previous nappy I just leave this open and underneath him to catch any accidents too.

He loves being swooshed/slid up & down the change mat & quite often pushed his feet against my body to slide himself away.

Not sure how this play time will progress once he's more mobile.... I'll probably end up chasing him around the room. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back