Names

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Morning. I'm sure you lovely ladies have had the same worries so thought I'd post and see. We've been asked a few times now to name our baby on official documents. Unfortunately we don't know if we have a boy or a girl as the midwives couldn't be certain. So that makes it more difficult for now, but how on earth do we nane a baby who was in our arms for a short time but in outr hearts forever?
I'm not sure there is an answer x

Hi Hun, I'm so sorry for your loss, really hope you are ok :hug:

I had an early mc and called my baby Angel as I didn't know either.

Thinking of you all the time xxxx

Thanks for your reply ts, we're taking a day at a time just now. We will find out the gender from the post mortem, he looked like a wee boy though so we are talking about him as he. Just so difficult to think of the right name.

Oh hun it's so hard. We had the same problem looked like a boy but not 100%. We went with Charlie as it's a unisex name just incase it was a girl. Other options were Alex, lee,Ali,Jamie,Jessie,Sam and Stevie. I'm sure there's many more that work both ways if you want to name baby now. Massive hugs to you xxx

Hi hun.

Hope you are holding up ok?

Is there any reason they are hurrying you to chose a name? Can they not wait until after the PM?

X

Hi, there's no rush on their part as we've still not decided about the funeral either. I think I'm just so frustrated that we don't know if we have a wee boy or girl, and I'm afraid the pm will be done and funeral time upon us before we've had a chance to think about names.
My mind is all over the place tbh! Good days and bad. X

Hi hun, so sorry for your loss.
A friend of mine lost her baby and found out at her 20 week scan, they didnt feel comfortable naming her and just went with 'baby'. If it makes you feel uneasy, don't stress about it, they should understand if you don't want to name him/her. Xxx

I really want to name our baby, and more than just baby as that's what my dis was called before we decided. So I feel this little one should have a name too. The documents were around post mortem and funeral arrangements, they are not putting us under any pressure, I'm just keen to find a name, but finding I can't just now.
I think I'm trying to run before I can walk.

Hi hun I'm sorry for ur loss I had a simular situation I gave birth at 20+5 to a baby and no-one was sure if baby was a boy or girl and we didn't find out till the pm results but we had to fill in paperwork and plan the funeral before we got the results /so we went with Brody as can be unisex turns out Brody was a little girl but I found the hardest thing not knowing weither my baby was a boy or girl and I kept referring to her as a him till we got the results as I was convinced she was a he I hope u find a name for ur angel xxx

Sm that's exactly it! We're calling our lo he as that's what dh thinks and mw referred to him/her as though she said she really doesn't know.
I think I'll have a look for some more unisex names as I just don't want to end up making a quick decision I'll regret. Thanks! X

Ladies I am so very proud and sad to announce our baby is a little girl. We've named her Oirrinn (chosen before we found out she is a pink bundle). It's the Gaelic spelling of a river and waterfall in the north of Scotland. But similar to the Irish boys name too. Pronounced aw-rin. One big step forward. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back