Names that end up ruined.

We have decided the name Arthur for our little boy, i was more worried on him getting name called than pronouncing it, again im also yorkshire (sheffield) and my partner is from london so god help him lol, i love old classy names, our puppy is called George lol, but i know how hard it is to pick names, other names we had liked but wasnt certain was Calab, sid, seth, cole, finn, freddy, archie. These are all old names even though they sound new.

Xx

Well i think its pretty much agreed on, 3 week until we find out if its a he or she so it may not be an issue yet! x

Long way to go yet hun, im nearlly 36wks, ive gone through so many names but finally settled lol xx

Naa i picked Alice's name at 8 week and the boy's (if we had one) at about 10 and never changed, Once im set on a name thats me lol x

We liked a few but was soo not taken by any, then arthur we fell in love with xx

it was the same with Alice we just knew that it was right and arthritis feels the same. i haven't found a girls yet though x

I like arthur! We are due the day before Halloween, we liked Damien for a boy but obviously decided against it as other people would take the pee.

We have some quite 'old' names in my family that my hubby wont let me have so hopefully they'll be of use to someone else :clap:

Lancelot
Major
Squire
Harry
Henry

A bit different but you never know xxxx

If you like Loki you could go for Lachlan (pronounced Lock-lan/Lock-lun...soft 'uh' sound at the end...a schwa if you know what that is) and shorten to Lockie. I'm not sure if it's actually an Australian name but it's popular out here...definitely not over used though. I have taught in a high school here for 4 years and have only had one in my class. I met a guy at the bank called Lachlan once too. :)

it was the same with Alice we just knew that it was right and arthritis feels the same. i haven't found a girls yet though x

Obviously a typo but this made me laugh my head off :lol:

Have you found out what you're having yet?

Last edited:
not a typo i meant it i love arthritis! Haha silly phone. Yes we are having a girl :D So no need for the Arthur thread now! x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back