Sharp little nails

Susanne

Reaction score
This morning Samira again woke up with a great big scratch all down her cheek, even though I only just cut her nails 2 days ago. This keeps happening, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong? I cut them regularly with baby scissors as short as they will go, and they don't feel scratchy to me when I run my fingers over them. But there's nothing else in her bed with her apart from a really soft blanket toy (which I've checked for scratchy bits and there definitely aren't any), so it must be her nails. I never had this problem with my other 2. Scratch mittens don't work either, she hates them and screams the place down as soon as I put them on her since she likes to suck her hands. Any ideas anyone??

Babies nails grow so fast I feel like I'm constantly cutting them lol

We use baby clippers rather than scissors then a baby file to get and sharp bits off x

I bite Sophie's as I'm scared stiff off her moving her hand while I'm trying to clip them with the clippers xxx

I bite Phoebe's too and then file them. I have to do it while she's asleep cos she won't keep still otherwise lol x

I don't use clippers / scissors - just bite and tear. Emily is such a wriggler, I would be scared to death of cutting her otherwise. Luckily she will wear scratch mitts at night though. :)

I bite Sophie's as I'm scared stiff off her moving her hand while I'm trying to clip them with the clippers xxx

I use baby clippers but managed to take the top off her tump on saturday, i felt sooo bad i didnt tell oh but he noticed yesterday and made me feel even worse so now its his job to bite them like he did when she was in the hospital

Have you tried the babygrows that have foldy over bits on the hands it might not bother her as much as the mits, you could even wait untill she is dosing off before folding them over

I use baby clippers but managed to take the top off her tump on saturday, i felt sooo bad i didnt tell oh but he noticed yesterday and made me feel even worse so now its his job to bite them like he did when she was in the hospital

Have you tried the babygrows that have foldy over bits on the hands it might not bother her as much as the mits, you could even wait untill she is dosing off before folding them over

We had a thumb incident too when Leandro was about 8 weeks when My mum clipped the top of his thumb . Ended up in ane and he had to have a mini dressing on it as He keeps putting his hand in his mouth now my Oh don't like my mum cutting his nails and i trim them with scissors as theyre So much easier. Baby nail clippers are lethal xx

That's a good idea, I might try that! Thank you!

I bite Phoebe's too and then file them. I have to do it while she's asleep cos she won't keep still otherwise lol x
That's how I used to do it with my older two, problem is that Samira wakes up as soon as I come near her nails with scissors, clippers or my teeth. :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back