My work are so mean

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Arggggggg. I hate them I really do.
The Norovirsus (the sickness and yukyuk one) has been going round my work (a holiday resort) and so all staff who are sick are not allowed to work.

I was sick twice last night, and I know it wasn't pregnancy related so I called work this morning to say that I'd been sick but was happy to come in.
I was told (rudely) that I couldn't and that whilst I may not be able to help it, they were fed up with me being off sick and it really messed things up for them.

The thing is, last week, I was really ill with a rotten cold/flu type thing, I had the Saturday off work because of this then I was made to feel guilty so I went in on the Sundy - even though I felt worse than the Saturday. Everyone from other departments said I looked like I should be home in bed but the other people in the office were rude and basically ignored me. It wasn't until one of the higher up managers - not specific to my department saw me and I was sent home.

Previously to that I had 4 weeks off with horrendous sickness but that was a while back now.

They really upset me and I don't see how I can go back to people who are so rude and mean, it's stressed me out big time.

ARRRGGGGGG. Sorry, I had to have a rant.
Any ideas?

if that virus was in my workplace i wouldnt be going in FULL STOP!!!

forget about it, staying healthy is your priority!

It is not your fault you have been ill?
And from what you have wrote you have done your best to turn up to work even when feeling like hell becouse you are hard working and loyal. These Numpties dont deserve you! :twisted: Idiots
Well all i can say if any of them have to go through what you have mabye what brains they posses will make them relised what nasty so and so's they have been to you. You stayn strong Baby and your health come first!!!
:hug: :hug:

Ignore them hun :hug: They are being really silly and mean. In 20weeks time you'll be playing with your LO and wont be sparing a thought for them at work I doubt so you just look after yourself and sod them! When will you be on maternity leave?

x

The bottom line is they just can't tell you you can't be sick. If they have a problem within the first week there's nothing they can do and after that I don't think you'd have a problem getting a line from your doc. Personally I'd be tempted to get a line and stay off for your own and baby's good just to pee them off!

What insensitive, self-centred idiots they sound like. Look after yourself and stuff them!

What a bunch of idiots :shock:

My work were horrible with me and even got rid of me when I was in 1st tri... am working from home now and sooooooo much happier :)

Hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

Thanks guys :hug:

It's really stressed me out. My eczema has come up (only happens when i'm stressed) and i'm still annoyed at them and wondering how i can go back to work knowing that's how they feel.

I wasn't neccessarily going to go back after LO is born. What are my rights of if i was off work with stress then took maternity leave straight after? I can't cope with them anymore. If it weren't for the money i'd tell them where to stick their job.

If you have a valid sick note from your GP they can't do anything. Your maternity leave would then start as normal on your pre-agreed date and you'd no longer be able to sign off sick. Your maternity leave is then paid.

Sherlock said:
If you have a valid sick note from your GP they can't do anything. Your maternity leave would then start as normal on your pre-agreed date and you'd no longer be able to sign off sick. Your maternity leave is then paid.

i might be wrong but if you get signed off with something pg related can they start your maternity leave early. I dont know for sure, Im just thinking back to something that happened the last time I was pg. :think:

I wouldnt worry too much about these people, they just arent being very flexible and understanding.

If you have a pregnancy related illness within 4 weeks of your baby being due then your maternity leave will start automatically. Don't think this applies if you're ill and it's unrelated to you being pregnant.

Yeh i know they can make you start it within four weeks of due date but i'm wanting to go on maternity leave at the latest 4 weeks before anyway.

How hard is it to get a sickness note for stress?

I feel like a wimp but my work revolves around these people and working closely with them but i'm not sure i can if they are that harsh to me.

I understand that sickness affects other people but it's not much fun for me either. It was my team leader who was rude to me and my manager who was harsh the other week. I'm not really sure who to speak to about it. I could go to HR but then what can they do except tell the others to be nicer to me, and then the grudges will be worse, (though possibly behind my back).

I'm aslo worried about going to talk to someone and just ending up sobbing - I mean i am upset but hormones make me cry.

grrrrr

If you talk to your doctor about it and if you get stressed and start crying you are bound to be signed off. I'm not saying fake crying but you sound like you are so understandably upset that talking about it would make you cry (it would certainly make me cry) and I know people who have been signed off with stress (not during pregnancy) because they ended up crying while talking to their doctor.
Regardless, I think you need some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Oh, and someone on this forum once suggested putting laxatives in someone's tea. I think that could be an excellent back up plan! Just offer to make them all some tea :twisted:

Suzie, I know exactly how you feel :hug:

I was off last term 2 weeks with stress. In terms of getting the sicknote, my OH frogmarched me to the doctors (I was determined to soldier on) and I completely broke down in tears so there was NO WAY she was letting me go in. I was such a mess.

Better now - and back at work today unfortunately :wall:

Well i went to the doctors, he wasn't much use. I got upset.
He said there wasn't much he could do and the best thing was for me just to go back to work and get on with it. He has offered me 2 weeks off but i don't know if that'll just make things harder.
His other, very useful, advice was 'quit' and 'get a new job' - yes i am sure there are hundreds of emplyers looking for someone who will leave in a few months for a year and possibly never return.

So he was no good.

Is it worth trying another doctor? This one is new at the surgery. Or I could take the 2 weeks and i'd be seeing my midwife before i'd have to go back, maybe she could help more (though i guess she can't write sick notes).

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry, rant over

:twisted: :x I'm angry on your behalf, what a crappy GP.

Go back and see a better doctor - preferably a woman!! Tcha. This makes me so annoyed!!!!!!

Totally - any GP who makes you feel silly when you're unwell either emotionally or physically should never be visited again!

Let us know how it goes :hug:

no i guess not. il take the 2 weeks he's offered and see another doctor to extend it. i cant cope.

iv started getting panicky just thinking about going back :(

just to add, iv decided to take these 2 weeks offered and see if i can see another doctor to extend it more for me. in 8 weeks time i could take maternity leave (itd be 11 weeks before). So the 2nd doctor would only ahve to give me 6 weeks. Though i'd rather more to extend my maternity leave further out.

If i do want to take these 2 weeks off (i cant get the note til friday (tho i'm not sure why)) and im supposed to work friday 5-8pm whens best to let them know?

i don't want to call my collegues as its them who've caused the stress. SHould i contact my HR department instead? i can get my OH to drop the sick note in (as i'm a wimp)

My OH had to contact the school to tell them I'd been signed off sick (although they must have expected it as when I rang in sick that very morning I was in a real mess, couldn't speak for crying...)

My doctor specifically said that school were to have NO contact with me whatsoever (which they completely ignored) and it was all to be through my OH - they may say the same for you.

I'm really glad I went off sick though. I'm so much happier and healthier now and able to work (see my posts from end of Nov for proof!) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back