• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Update

Zoziebubly

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

well im here to update you on my faint positive test from last week.
all was fine until Sunday i began to bleed with fairly bad cramps.
I suffered and early mc.
so now thats 2 ectopics and 2 mc's.

my head is completely twisted. i went to work today after a couple of days off and found myself backing up my things and driving home after 2 hours. I just cant handle being there right now.

im booked in for the doctors at 1130 today. i feel like im loosing it....again...

i cant wait to get my clinic appointment so i can find out exactly what is going on in there.

much love to all
xxxx

Oh i'm so sorry, let us know how you get on at the docs, be thinking of you x

Hey hunny so sorry to hear what you are going through and hope the docs can help. Massive :hug: xxx

Aw i'm sorry it didn't turn out as we all hoped :(

Your mc's could very well be related to your blood type even if i'm not sure your ectopics could be - i'm sure that there is something you can take to stop it happening as soon as you find out you are pregnant... i'll have a look.

EDIT - it's a bit sketchy but i think you need to have a blood test to check for anti-Rh antibodies (the things that threatens a pregnancy). Also get your hubby's blood type checked because if he is also negative then you shouldn't have any problem related to your blood at all so you can cross it off the possible causes for your problems.

Last edited:
This might be a completely stupid question but how do they diagnose an ectopic at such an early stage, I've been told nothing can be seen on a scan until 6/7 weeks..

Have I been misinformed?

xx

I thought it was just baby that couldn't be seen until 6+ weeks?

I think they can see the sac from about 4 weeks, which would confirm an ectopic if it isn't in the uterus?

They can also detect an ectopic pregnancy from HCG levels, so if they are particularly low then it implies ectopic and they'd make a scan app. for asap.

So I guess the earliest they could confirm ectopic is 4 weeks, but detect much earlier :eh:

I thought it was just baby that couldn't be seen until 6+ weeks?

I think they can see the sac from about 4 weeks, which would confirm an ectopic if it isn't in the uterus?

They can also detect an ectopic pregnancy from HCG levels, so if they are particularly low then it implies ectopic and they'd make a scan app. for asap.

So I guess the earliest they could confirm ectopic is 4 weeks, but detect much earlier :eh:

Louise is right here, when they suspected I was having an ectopic they first checked my hcg levels. They were very low for 6+3 weeks, try thought maybe I was earlier than that but I knew that wasnt really possible. They examined me and found that even though I was bleeding my cervix was closed, so they wanted to investigate where this could be coming from. They decided it would be best to do a scan even though my hcg levels were very low. They check to see if the tubes seem enlarged or abnormal in any way, so even if they don't see a sac as such they can tell by the way fluid is reacting in this area. Something about free fluid in the abdomen, if they see this then this would indicate an ectopic pregnancy. They ruled out an ectopic and diagnosed a miscarriage after my scan.

They advise women not to have an early scan until 6/7 weeks due to the fact sometimes people are not as far along as they think and as its usually a scan for reassurance seeing and empty sac for example or no heartbeat is not particularly reassuring. I think that guidance is more about being able to see a heartbeat at this stage to fully reassure that all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back