Anyone here ever had root canal? Need advice

Alicebabe

Reaction score
Feeling very very sorry for myself tonight girls and looking for anyone who has been in the same boat.

I had a root canal done last week and it has caused me no end of bother and pain. Had the initial split and paste done before my honeymoon and needed to visit the dentist while in USA because of the severe toothache afterwards. Had the root canal finalised when I got back but he didnt make it permanent until it settled which it didnt and was still agony so had another cleanout and more antibiotics and then required a further cleanout and temporary filling because of the agonising pain in my tooth. Even swallowing reduced me to tears.

Basically, the problem I have is that my tooth is severely deformed inside and I have four roots instead of the usual two and six nerves instead of four. Two of the roots sit at complete right angles in the jaw and the nerves are so long, they didnt even fit onto one x-ray. My dentist said he had never seen anything like it before and even got the other dentists in to have a look! :shock:

Well, I had the permanent filling last week and now once again, I am sitting here wracked with pain again - is this normal?!

Can anyone share their experiences please?

(p.s. got emergency appointment for tomorrow but dont know what else they can do now apart from pull it out :( )

I havn't had anything like that, but wanted to offer a hug :hug:

when I've had root canal surgery twice the pain has completely gone as all nerves were removed.

Big hugs to you :hug:

hun i'm sorry but GET IT PULLED OUT ASAP.!!!!

I've had root canal work done & would never again coz if the problem comes back then you have to go through it again.
also my mum had it done & she had bad side effects, she said she seriously thought her head was gonna explode with pian & she thought she was going mad.

hope youre ok. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back