route fillings

jennywren

Reaction score
do they hurt?

when I went to the dentist he said my nerve is dying under my tooth so I need a route filling. He could have done it there but he said since from the moment he told me I went drip white and my pupils dialated he told me to book a new appointment as to get used to it!

I dont know whats wrong with me as dentist dont usually bother me!

Anyway so 13th Dec im having it, does it kill like a beatch?

Sorry, brought back nasty memories!

Apparently if the nerve is dead then youre ok, it won't hurt.

I found it was nasty personally, but not totally unbearable..you'll be fine!

:hug:

I had too have dental surgery when I was 8 months pregnant. I kept telling myself it cant be as bad as child birth! I nearly fainted but I still did it.

Jade

what the fook is a route filling ? it sounds fooking vile

budge said:
what the fook is a route filling ? it sounds fooking vile

Tell me about it lol.

It used to be called route canal I think, unless this route filling is something different to a route canal.

Basically I had a filling a year ago and it bloody killed when he put it in, he said it was cause it was such a deep filling, a year on it still hurts, is still sensitive and hurts to tap (he taps it lol) but the past few months the whole right side of my mouth hurts giving me headaches, earaches etc so I went back, he told me the nerve is dying or dead and I can have the tooth pulled or this route filling, I opted for the filling. He said it will only be like having a filling which I usually dont care about BUT this filling he has to pull out and the route he has to mess with is the filling he gave me that was agony, I remember that pain! Thats why im bricking it!

It may hurt, but I'm sure you'll be glad you did it afterwards when your other symptoms have gone away!

I've had root canal fillings a couple of times, and once the injections in, I couldn't feel a thing. Can you have the same level of painkiller when pregnant? The injections aren't pleasant, but if you do have the nerve removed, then there is less to hurt afterwards, as obviously the inflamed nerve is the main cause of the pain. You would need pain relief afterwards, but not having the nerve there really helps!

I had this done and paid for IV sedation, it was great, I don't remember anything and when i got home I fell asleep in all my clothes and didn't wake up until the next morning :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back