back from dentist

jennywren

Reaction score
Well im back and he didnt do it!

I had the injections (didnt feel a thing - he is good like that my dentist) and he drilled the old filling out (its the noise - urgh) then it was at the nerve and my whole body jumped and i started shaking and LO was kicking me. He appologised stoped for a minuted and then said he would have to have a closer look, so he did (while prodding it) and i flinced and spazamed again lol and he said that on close inspection the nerve was not dead or dying but still a little inflamed so he didnt want to do the root thingy as it would be agony for me (to late already is I thought lol) so he said he would have to hurt me for a few more seconds and put some medcine (said the name but i cant remember) on the nerver which would either kill it or cure it!! So he put the medicin on which was painfull as he had to touch the nerver and coat it in the medcine, and then put a tempory filling in for a few months. So basically now, I have to wait and see, he said when he removes the temport filling one of 2 things will have happened, either the nerve will be dead so he can do the root thing with out causing me much pain at all, or the nerve will be cured and just a new filling will need to be put in.

Cause the nerve was ok and alive, and it was the end of it.....boy did it kill!!

now the right side is numb and my mum found it highly amusing watching me try to slurp a cuppa without spilling it lol

kirlykird said:
did you post 3 times incase we didn't see? :rotfl:

yeh because I was soooooo traumatised that I wanted to make a point and draw attention to myself :rotfl:

the anesthetic (although still working on my lips (just tried to whistle and look a right tit) is starting to wear off my tooth and i can feel the pain - he said it will hurt for about a week cause he had to press on the nerver ending :cry:

well when I found out that I was pg, I started having the most incredible pain, underneath my crown was so tender and if I bit into anything, it really hurt!

Anyway I was a little alarmed as my nerve had been taken out when I was pg with Beth and Tom so was a little confused :shock:

This was the Friday and it gradually got worse over the weekend.

I was taking the occassional paracetomal and by the Saturday evening I couldn't sleep and was having to hold frozen peas on my gum to numb me... :shock:

Sunday morning I was in floods of tears and felt like I was going to die! We had only been in Oxford for 2 weeks so I hadn't even got a dentist so I had to contact NHS direct who put me in touch with my local emergency dentist.

Was awful... got there he numbed me up, had to cut off my crown to find that my gum was all infected so had to put some treatment in there and try to refit my crown.

I had a bit of a reaction to the med and for a whole week half of my face was twice the size that it is usually..... was absolutley awful!!

Hate teeth! :(

Hope you feel better soon JW :hug: :hug: :hug:

ouch that sounds very painfull! what a muppet not making sure the nerve was dead before digging right in there!!!!!

on a good note, its a good job your pregnant or it would be costing you a fortune ;)

lol kirls, I think you just like to beat my pain ha ha.

Sounds a bit like mine though, you see I dont know if the infection is still there due to pregnancy cause i know loads of people having teeth problems in pregnancy!

Cassi, he is a great dentist tbh, only dentist ive ever been to that i never feel the injections and usually dont feel any pain. Only reason he didnt kn ow the nerve was dead or not before he started the work is because my tooth already had a filling so it was basically guess work untill the filling was out. It was the drilling of the filling that when he got right to the end hurt and he said it shouldnt be that sensitive and that when he had to finish removing the filling, then look properly at the nerve. I hate nerves they hurt...........now I dont want an eppy cause I know its injected in to your nerves!! ha ha

Your right though, good job I have mat expt thing, or i bet it would be about £200 or something stupid!!! suppose thats one good thing ha ha

i might cry later

jennywren said:

Sounds a bit like mine though, you see I dont know if the infection is still there due to pregnancy cause i know loads of people having teeth problems in pregnancy!

i might cry later

not trying to beat your pain, trying to tell that I feel your pain :puke: :rotfl:

kirlykird said:
jennywren said:

i might cry later

not trying to beat your pain, trying to tell that I feel your pain :puke: :rotfl:

:rotfl: ill let you off then.

bless my mum, last night she said she would phone in work late and take me to dentist and bring me home so I didnt have to drive incase I was shacky, then this AM she said she didnt feel to well (bit of tummy upset) so she was phoning in sick (first time in 6 years) so she is lookign after her little girl as well he he he I LOVE MY MUM bless

kirlykird said:
bless her!

get well hugs for your mum :hug:

awww were sat on the sofa watching this morning together. were going to have a nap soon though :rotfl:

I hope im this close to my kids when im older!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back