my son doesnt want to go to school

hannahbet20

Reaction score
jake whos almost 5 is being really difficult when it comes to school we get into arguments over getting there in the mornings and i get so upset cause i feel as though im forcing him to do something that he doesnt want to do but hes doing so well at school they say hes really good when hes there but in the mornings he clings to me and crys it feels so horrible anyone had similar experiances i feel as if im doing something wrong :(

hi hun, not had experience with this but was just wondering if he has ever said why he doesnt want to go cus if there is a reason maybe then you could work with him to overcome it or find a solution. i have a friend who's little girl has started complaining about going to school and when she asked her why she eventually told her that one of the girls that was in a close group of friends with her was being nasty to her and saying somereally horrible comments. we were shocked to find that this could go on even at such a young age and when my friend spoke to the teacher the teacher said she had never witnessed it but after keeping an eye on them for a few days she caught the girl picking on my friends LO and the issue is now sorted.

i hope you do find an answer and get him to enjoy going to school it must be really hard for you every morning.

xxxxx

Aw poor lad :hug:

If it's any consolation I cry and cling to my OH in the morning because I don't want to go to school... and I'm the teacher :rotfl:

Anyway I hope you manage to find some strategies to help him :hug:

well i do ask him why and he seems to enjoy things at school i know he has fell out with a little girl he was initially friends with and she has on a couple of ocassions turned to him and said im not your friend anymore but kids that age can be fickle but he seems to have taken it very personally he does have friends but again a lot of the kids have been at nursery together so they know eachother better and their mothers are friends i talk to all the mums but i havent formed any really close friendships im wondering if its the same for him because we only moved into the area recently his younger brother has just started nursery two full days a wek and he has no problems at all i dont get it the teachers have said as soon as im gone hes fine they distract him and hes learning so much hes very bright but its a struggle he panicks when the bell rings and i almost everytime have to chase him and drag him in the class its horrible he has good days and bad days ive trie going in with him and hanging his coat up ive tried ignoring him its horrible sorry bit of a rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back