my sister is a moo!

franky

Reaction score
i told her i had a kfc last night and she said that i need to start watching what i eat.
I know kfc is bad for you but it was my treat for the week.

i also told her i was going to have some cheese and crackers for my lunch and she started going on about how bad they are!

i am going out for dinner tonight as my friends are getting married in 2 weeks and she told me not to eat too much!! its like she is condeming me as being a big heiffer and i am only 6 weeks!!

she is totally obsessed with her diet, she is constantly on weight watchers and goes to different classes at the gym 5 days a week!! its like she thinks i cant look after myself!!

:wall:

Oh for god's sake ignore her! KFC's not exactly the worst junk food you can eat, at least it's got real meat in it! And what's wrong with cheese and crackers? Crackers much better than bread and cheese, whilst fattening, important for calcium (and we do actually need fat!) and good protein. If you'd said you had a huge pizza last night and were having a burger for lunch, maybe she'd have a point. I hate people that try and tell you what to eat, it's much better just to be happy with whatever size you are, as long as you're not completely stupid about food. My sis doesn't do that, but she is forever going on about how fat she is (becuase at 35 she's just about gone from a size ten to a twelve - oh god! - whilst I'm a 16-18) and I always think, well, if you're fat, what the hell are you calling me?!

Dont worry about what she says, during the first tri eat what you can when you can, you never know when you will suddenly have a day or two of not being able to look at food let alone eat it. I've eaten more than my fair share of junk food throughout all my pregnancys and its never done me or baby any harm :D

Yes I found with both my two previous pregnancies that everyone suddenly felt entitled to tell me what I could and couldn't eat. There are so many things that you need to be careful about anyway, that it really really irritates me when people tell you that you also shouldn't be eating things which are on the safe list!

And don't get me started on the smug mums, who get back into shapes very quickly and then criticise other mums who don't, and say it must be because they ate badly during pregnancy, even if they both gained exactly the same amount of weight during the term.

For some reason all the usual inhibitions about not criticising people's diets (at least to their face!) goes out the window as soon as you start sporting a bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back