My secret is out! :(

kedi376

Reaction score
I've not really told anyone I'm pregnant. My immediate family know and I know my parents have told my auntie and uncle, but I don't see them, so that's cool and my best mate knows.

I'd told my boss from around 9 weeks, as he knew about the miscarriages but that is all.

Today one of the girls at work pulled me aside and asked if I was pregnant. She has noticed my belly has change (!) and I've been looking really tired for weeks. She knew about one of the miscarriages so I guess she has been looking out for it.

But DAM!!! I thought nobody would notice for another few weeks! I'm still wearing my normal clothes so didn't think I had changed that much.

I've sworn her to secrecy, as I still don't want people to know, I don't want the attention or people talking about me.

So I guess my secret is out :roll:

I understand what you mean, It's weird isn't it , all the time in beginning I was just dieing to tell people, but now I've had my scan and it's time to tell my mum and all the family I feel like I don't want to any more I like my special secret my little bubble . xx

i'd told everyone and also that I am having a boy, I am crap at keeping my mouth shut

I understand what you mean, It's weird isn't it , all the time in beginning I was just dieing to tell people, but now I've had my scan and it's time to tell my mum and all the family I feel like I don't want to any more I like my special secret my little bubble . xx

Yeah at the beginning I thought I would burst. But not now, I like it being a secret.

I quite like it that people at work know, as they're always looking out for me and making sure me and baby are ok :) They're always asking after me and making sure I have a stool to sit on, or a brew! x

youve kept it secret for soo long x

Oh no!! I had a cvs and so we waited till 17 weeks to tell the kids, and then I decided I liked people not knowing like you do! Then at 20 weeks, I walked from the photocopier to my desk and saw a male workmate do a double take at my belly, so I got to my desk and sent an email round to tell everyone to save any questions etc or staring but not asking as I was not really fat either, but it's amasing how much you will have changed and not notticed yourself....

I started showing early so I basically told people at work after my 12 week scan. I was glad people knew, so that they realised when I was tired and sick, I wasn't just being lazy or making excuses. I don't think I could've got through the last 4/5 months at work if they hadn't known, I'm just getting more and more exhausted and sore.
I think it's a totally individual thing, but even if I hadn't wanted to tell people I'd have been rubbish at keeping the secret!! xx

I see my family and OH's family very regularly so we didn't feel right keeping it a secret (even though I loved no-one knowing) we told immediate family at 10 weeks, but we'd already both told a few friends?

I told work after 12 week scan only as I started to show from about 11 weeks :shock:

I wasn't super slim (size 10) but my belly was noticeable.

I wanted to tell people rather than be "outed" so to speak so that was my main motivation.

You have to do what feels right for you though sweetie

xxxxxxxxx

I started showing early so I basically told people at work after my 12 week scan. I was glad people knew, so that they realised when I was tired and sick, I wasn't just being lazy or making excuses. I don't think I could've got through the last 4/5 months at work if they hadn't known, I'm just getting more and more exhausted and sore.
I think it's a totally individual thing, but even if I hadn't wanted to tell people I'd have been rubbish at keeping the secret!! xx

Same!

You've done sooo well keeping it a secret until now! I'm rubbish at keeping secrets haha xx

I guess I haven't felt that bad during the past 15 weeks and I feel really good now. Yeah I'm tired, but I'm always tired. I'm normally up by 5am, in the office by 7am or driving 2 hours to get somewhere else. I'm fairly used to 12 and 14 hour days.

People at work will always talk about it if they know and I want to stay professional. I'm a senior manager and don't want people thinking I can't do the job because I'm pregnant.

I'm still not gonna say anything, I'll just let people guess I think. There are a few that would never guess, they are way too stupid! LOL

I like seeing peoples faces when they realise you are pregnant and never knew!

I was at work on Monday and in theatre with a doctor and my mentor, and my mentor mentioned me being pregnant in conversation. Well the doctors face was a picture! She never knew or had any inclination that I was! I wish I had a pic of her face! My mentor said how did you not know, look at her bump! To which she replied, 'well I dont really tend to go round looking at nurses tummys!'

x

I told my mum today , she said she knew and was worried why I hadn't told her , which made me cry which made her cry too. After we'd finished sobbing she said congrats and that she's very happy for us all , and I welled up again, bloody hormones ,his parents next weekend I best take plenty of tissues xx

I can't believe your still in your normal clothes :O This is my first am may be because I am quite slim but my stomach is big and has been for a few weeks. There is no way I could hide mine :)

I can't believe your still in your normal clothes :O This is my first am may be because I am quite slim but my stomach is big and has been for a few weeks. There is no way I could hide mine :)

It's probably because I am plus size?

I told my mum today , she said she knew and was worried why I hadn't told her , which made me cry which made her cry too. After we'd finished sobbing she said congrats and that she's very happy for us all , and I welled up again, bloody hormones ,his parents next weekend I best take plenty of tissues xx

It's strange how you're Mum knew, Mum's are so clever! I wonder if I'll ever be as clever as mine?? I can't imagine how she must have felt you not telling her and the relief when you did. I'm not surprised you cried, I think I would have without the hormones!! LOL

I use to saying with my kids all the time ' mum knows all' it just shows how true it is .
It was the fact that she had been worrying because she thought there was a reason that I hadn't told her that's why I think it got me badly then obviously the relief that everything was ok after all your right kedi it was very emotional day all round .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back