My scan went well...... I think

JoS

Reaction score
Had my scan and the baby seemed fine, wriggling away but they said I am 11 weeks and not 12 so couldn't take exact measurement. They I will need to go back in 2-3 weeks for another scan. But just got a phone call saying they have booked my scan for Monday, which is only 5 days later!
Not sure if I'm being paranoid, but this does sound strange

Had my scan and the baby seemed fine, wriggling away but they said I am 11 weeks and not 12 so couldn't take exact measurement. They I will need to go back in 2-3 weeks for another scan. But just got a phone call saying they have booked my scan for Monday, which is only 5 days later!
Not sure if I'm being paranoid, but this does sound strange

I wouldn't worry - they booked you in as they will know for sure you will be 12 weeks when you go back!

I guess they like to scan as close to 12 weeks as possible as opposed to leaving it to 13/14 weeks?

It all sounds fine to me hun - congrats

xxxx

Last edited:
Congratulations hunny xxxxxxxx it's not strange at all from what I know, and yanno you do get to see your baby again monday :) xxxxxxxxx

Thank you, I just cried reading your messages its so nice to reassured. I think I'm just being paranoid and hormonal!

Awesome news.

Everything will be just fine hunny. The lady doing my scan couldn't get the nuchal measurement either at first. The baby was in an awkward position. It took her AAAAAGES to get it just right. I half thought she might ask me to come back.

Your baby is probably a little bit small for them to do the test accurately.

But yeay for an extra scan ;)

I was 11 wks 2 days at my scan and they did the measurements the lady told me if I'd if been 11wks 1 day
They couldn't of done it so that's why it will be ok for you to go back
Monday xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back