I've already got my 12 week scan date????

:yay: for booking in appointment and scans.
You'll be fine, just explain and mw will understand.

We all have our phobia's. Mine in needles. Cant stand looking at them once they're in though I'm fine. x

Yayy for scan dates, how organised of them!

I think I would try to last an extra week till NHS early scan, and then move the private scan to 10 weeks , so youll have 8 wks, 10 wks and 12 weeks, as as soon as I came out of the scan, my reasurance dwindled and over the week I was just as nervous again! (once youve lost a baby , I think it's hard to stay positive and not overthink) Def have all three tho

Hi Hun!

Congrats and welcome!:)

I had an early scan and saw a heartbeat at 6w 2d and then an nhs one at 8w2d and I have one at 12 w 1d.

Maybe do an earlier private one? Then nhs at 8w??

Are you taking baby aspirin?

Xx

Carnat I would take everything you can from the NHS if theyre offering it....I work for them and even then there aint many perks (trust me I tried to wangle my scan earlier but nope) so you go for it and enjoy all your scans. I see people who do not attend appointments constantly at the hospital I work at just because they cant be bothered turning up or phoning to cancel so you keep that appointment you deserve it :)

I got my 12 week scan date through probably the week after I found out I was pregnant so have had the letter for nearly 5 weeks......I have a weekend full of housework and things to do to keep my mind occupied as Im absolutely shitting a brick with worry about Monday xx

Hi hon. I got mine at around 6 weeks for the 29th March. It's gone so slowly! That is my first mw and booking appt as well!

Don't feel bad taking the scan after what you've been through I think it'll be good for you to have the extra reassurance xx

Hun i'm the same with BP so is my dad and my mum... funnily my mum is a former nurse..... When i went to the Docs the other day it was up everytime i'd go when i was on the pill it was up... but if i take it at home... it's fine.... I call it white coat syndrome too.... xx I've not heard from my midwife yet... was at the drs a week ago and he said he'd get the ball rolling.... it's not rolling fast enough considering i told him i was bleeding then as well....
Might have to go in there personally on Monday seeing as i'm off work.... x

Thanks ladies,

The appointment at 8 weeks is actually my booking in appointment, sorry that was my mistake!!

So I just have the private scan on Friday 23rd and the 12 week scan at end of April.

I do have a number to call as my GP did say he'd try to book me an early scan?? He obviously passed on all my info to midwife though :)

Maybe, the recurrent miscarriage clinic said as my blood is fine they didn't recommend baby asprin - the Dr that saw me said there is no need??. All I take is high dose Folic Acid.

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back