I've already got my 12 week scan date????

CARNAT22

Reaction score
GP booked me in for early scan and I got my letter today (30th March @ 8w 1d)

I also got another letter in the same envelope for a scan on 30th April @ 12w 4d.

It's not a typo or anything, they are in the same clinic etc BUT have different references....

Anyone else had their 12 week scan date so early???

It's freaked me out to be honest. I will call up on Monday but obviously cannot speak to anyone until then?

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hmm, have no experience since this is my first baby. Maybe they are just being extra efficient?

Hmm, have no experience since this is my first baby. Maybe they are just being extra efficient?

GP was going to book me an early scan, I guess maybe they thought it's easier to book for two at the same time???

Wow, scary!! But bloody effiecient for the NHS :)

On a slightly different note I have my private scan on 23rd? Shall I cancel that and wait for NHS scan on 30th? :shock:

xxxxxxxx

At my hospital we get our first scan 9/10 weeks and then another a few weeks later. The more scans the better! Its amazing the difference a few weeks makes xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

So you actually get an early scan as standard kra? And a 12 week one?

I thought 12 week was the first you get on the NHS (unless you've had x amount of miscarriages?)

I am pleased.... It's just so early LOL?

Also I have a private scan a week before the early scan - shall I do both? :oooo:

xxxxxxxxxx

Yay to all the scans, you'll get to see bean lots and see him/her grow a little each time. I wouldn't cancel the private scan I'd still go if i was you x

I got my scan date in really early too - which makes the wait feel longer

My 12w scan is the same day as your early scan! :yay:

I had 3 scans (all private) 6+6, 9+6 and 11+6. Good for you to get the scan date so early.i would say to keep the early private one so you can hopefully relax if you see a hb. ( not that it worked with me...)

Hey Carnat, I'm a couple of days ahead of you (6+3) and got my NHS scan date through yesterday for the end of April. Freaked me a out a bit too, but I'm impressed at their organisation...

I went to my first mid wife appointment yesterday was told in 7weeks exactly according to my lmp date and I was told my scan date. It's 18th April 10 days before my wedding lol.

I would defo have all the scans! How did you get your early scan? You got pain or bleeding?? I am desperate for one! (I have sent you a private message). xxx

Yea I got one at 11w 1d (they thought I was a week earlier) then another on wed at 13w 1d. When my sister was pregnant with my nephew her first scan was at 9w. At our first scan its the booking in appointment too, bloods, urine, questions about health history with midwife etc and the 12w scan is a dating scan with a consultant who we apparantly never see again unless there's a problem! I bet you can wait til your scans :) xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies,

Glad to know the NHS are efficient about some things LOL!

So this means I'll have scans at 7w 1d, 8w 1d and 12w 4d?

Is it bad to take the middle scan even though technically I don't "need" it?

I feel bad taking an NHS appointment, but I don't I think I can wait two weeks for my early?

xxxxx

I don't think you should feel bad taking the third scan at all. You're going to worry so, if it puts your mind at ease, then that's great.

Every scan gets you through the next patch until the next scan, if that makes sense?

Not long 'til your early scan - yay! xxx

The appointment on 30th March is NOT a scan.....

Doh, it's my booking in appointment.

My GP explained that the hospital I decided to opt for do not have a midwife that works out of the surgery.....

So my booking in appointment is at the actual hospital.....

30th April is 12 week scan.

Right I now have 2 weeks to get my 'white coat syndrome' in check??? I am terrified of having my BP taken (having blood taken is fine but BP is a proper phobia!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Bless ya - you will be ok just turn the other way - it's funny how having your bp scares you - not in a laughing way in a strange way. Is the feeling when it goes very tight that you dont like ?

I dont like when it goes so tight & almost stops your circulation - it has to be done though lovely! & am sure if you tell her about your phobia then she will rush it on & not leave it on you while she takes notes.

Oh so it was you booking appointment - so its just your private scan & 12wk nhs scan no in the middle scan. Well thats sorted then - you felt a bit guilty didnt you ? taking the nhs scan. I would of took it - it's better for you to see your baby again plus you wont of been the 1st or the last to of done this.

xxx

Last edited:
I am fine with injections in the mouth or blood being taken, I am fine with smears and internals...... It's just BP!

The fact that I have a phobia means my readings end up quite high?? They do go down (so ironically even though I loathe it I end up having my BP taken several times in one appointment!!)

I just need to find a way to keep calm and stop being such a wuss!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Ahh hun I'd be happy if I were you and go to all the scans the more the better I had to wait weeks to hear about my 12wk date so it seems there just organised where you are! So excited for you good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back