My poor lil girl :(

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
Poor old Mia has had a really bad day with her reflux. She's been really badly sick, bringing up everything. It comes out of her nose and everything. I just wish it would stop, I feel so sorry for her. She looks so pissed off when it happens. This is day 5 on aptamil, wondering whether to go back to cow and gate as its not made much if a significant difference like I'd hoped!!!
Weigh in tomorrow so I hope she's gained well this week.
See the consultant again in a couple of weeks o I hope he comes up with some better answers than last time! He just told us to carry on for another four weeks. Well mr the medicine hasn't worked for the last 5 weeks so why should it work now?!!!!!

I think it's ridiculous how long they keep her suffering for!! I can't offer any advice but well done you for getting through this. I don't know how I would even begin to cope!

So sorry she's been so poorly, it's dreadful she's been left so long. What size teats are you using? If you've not already but perhaps consider going to the slow flow ones so it doesn't hit her stomach so fast xx

Have you tried her on soya formula? With gaviscon in it? Sorry maybe I've suggested it before but there are lots of refluxy babies at the min and I lose track x

are you sure she hasnt got a tummy bug?also try the slow flow teats as that helps sometimes,bless her its awful seeing them like that,speak to hv today and see what she thinks x

I moved onto size 2 teats as she was taking ages with feeds and giving up on trying to feed. Size 2 didn't cause any problems. She seems to have good and bad days.
I've tried a stay down milk and it didn't make any difference. She is better on ready made formula. I haven't tried a soya based one but I might ask about that when we see the consultant again. Thanks for all the suggestions xx

she gained 4oz so thats good. she is actually following between the 25th and 9th centiles and is going up as she should now. thank god!!

thats brilliant hun,whats she in lbs? Bet ur relieved x has she had a better day?

yeah she has had a better day, bit grumpy but feeding well so thats good! She now weighs 9lb 8oz was 8 at birth so not a great increase for her age but at least the last 3 weeks she has gained 4-5oz so we are going in the right direction! It does worry me as my friends two week old has put on 1lb 7oz in that short space of time. its taken mia 8 weeks to do that!!!

but your friends baby hasnt been sick like mia so dont worry hun,shes doing great,sofia only gains 5-6 oz a week so shes going in the right direction xxx

had sofia weighed today and shes 8lb 15 oz,following along the 9th centile bless her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back