My period feels like it is coming

Happybunny

Reaction score
Is that normal at 32 weeks? I keep getting all the funny feelings (like mild period cramps and back ache) that I get a week before AF is due. Last time I had this was when I was 4/5/6 weeks pregnant.

No idea so rry i can't help you. Phone your midwife if you are concerned x

I'm glad you posted this because since last night I have felt exactly the same with period pains and back ache.
I think it is normal but i'm not too sure either.

ive had it every month wen AF is due through pregnancy dont worry about it hun its quite normal but if u get blood then deff ring m/w or hospital :hug: :hug: :hug:

I felt like that for a long time too and kept getting worried. I think I even called the Mat Unit around 32 weeks complaining that I had it.

Take 2 paracetemol and see if it goes. If not, call your MW or day unit and let them know though.

Thanks for your replies. It isn't painful, the cramps are very very mild, but they are noticable. I am not too worried, it is just that I haven't read about them in any of my pregnancy books, so I wondered if it was normal.
I thought it might just be my body gearing up for the main event. But if they get worse I will talk to the MW and see what she says.

I have had this on and off right through as Tegala said, around the time af would have been due, I even get more hormonal and emotional around this time :shock:

Lately though they have been stronger but not sure whether baby is engaging or not atm :think:

Happybunny said:
Is that normal at 32 weeks? I keep getting all the funny feelings (like mild period cramps and back ache) that I get a week before AF is due. Last time I had this was when I was 4/5/6 weeks pregnant.

I got that too around your stage prob bit earlier but told its normal but seek advice if not sure.

marie x

Could be BH?

They start from 6 weeks pregnant but you won't feel them till around 20 weeks plus. Some people have described Braxton Hicks as a tightening feeling, others, like a period cramp and other women would say BH's feels like the baby is bunching up in one place.

But if you are unsure, best contact your doctor xxxx
[/quote]

Josephine_Beth said:
Could be BH?

other women would say BH's feels like the baby is bunching up in one place.
[/quote]

Ah-ha! I've never heard them described in such a way and that is EXACTLY how I feel quite a lot. Always at the top of my bump where Flump's bum/legs are but that is just how it feels. So perhaps I AM having BH's after all!

I had this a couple of weeks ago, I was a bit suprised as suddenly I was experiencing AF pains which was odd as I'd almost forgotten what they felt like! I think its normal, seems lots of us have experienced it... :)

It might be that you are starting to grow more as from about now, you should expand like no ones business! I have had more stretchy pains in the last few weeks and resemble a beach ball! :hug:

DebbieM said:
Josephine_Beth said:
Could be BH?

other women would say BH's feels like the baby is bunching up in one place.

Ah-ha! I've never heard them described in such a way and that is EXACTLY how I feel quite a lot. Always at the top of my bump where Flump's bum/legs are but that is just how it feels. So perhaps I AM having BH's after all![/quote]

That is exactly what mine feel like too. It feels sometimes like he has gone rigid in my belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back