My parentcraft class

mermaid

Reaction score
Went to my second class last night and thought I would share with you.

It was based on 'the complications' of labour so talked about things like breech babies, bleeding, c-sections etc...

The midwife passed lots of medical equipment around the group for us to look closely at such as ventouse, crochet needle thingy (for breaking water) lol, monitor, forceps, drip etc... Some of the stuff looked a bit scary but I'm sure when I'm in pain I won't care!

The midwife said that only a few % of women who go in have complications so not to worry about it too much. She also said that they only perform things like episiotomies and c-sections if really really necessary, so sounds good to me.

Overall it was really informative and I am understanding things better now. Makes me less worried about labour!

ooo sounds fab!

i cant wait for my parentclass.. its really booked up over here so i have to wait until the 12th december!!!!!! arghhhh :( lol

Oh that sounds really interesting! I'll mention that to our classes as the midwives in our area have only just started to do classes and they're asking for ideas on what we'd like to cover. All these pieces of equipment are there to help us deliver our beautiful babies safely, but it would be interesting to what they looked first, and also what they do. Glad you had a good time!

did you find it made u feel more at ease after seeign the "tools" if u know what i mean?

Ooooooooooo Lozzi you're going to have really hold on in there aren't you? Most of the women in my group are a few weeks further on than me, I reckon I've been slotted in lol.

I have been enjoying mine too, have found them very informative and reassuring :D

Lozzi - Yes it definitely reassured and prepared me to see the tools, especially the forceps, they were huge! Didn't realise, and apparently there are bigger ones too depending what force you need. They all have strange names too, like blokes names lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back