My options

joyous

Reaction score
I've been on 3 cycles of clomid and i've got 3 left. I feel disappointed that nothing has happened, as i've been for scans and it looked promising that eggs were mature and were going to release but no pregnancy at the end:oooo:
I phoned the fertility clinic and they said that once i'd finished the last cycle of clomid i could carry on for a few more sessions (up to 11) OR go onto IVF. But because we've only been trying just under 18 months we wouldn't qualify for it on the NHS as you need to be trying for 3 years.
I thought there were other options before IVF, any ideas?:x

Hi joyous, maybe it depends on your location... Our NHS trust offer IUI between clomid and IVF. Maybe worth asking if that's an option?
Wishing you luck xx

I've been on 3 cycles of clomid and i've got 3 left. I feel disappointed that nothing has happened, as i've been for scans and it looked promising that eggs were mature and were going to release but no pregnancy at the end:oooo:
I phoned the fertility clinic and they said that once i'd finished the last cycle of clomid i could carry on for a few more sessions (up to 11) OR go onto IVF. But because we've only been trying just under 18 months we wouldn't qualify for it on the NHS as you need to be trying for 3 years.
I thought there were other options before IVF, any ideas?:x

:wave: Your really lucky that you got to do Clomid! At our clinic they don't rate clomid, and your made to go on the IUI, IVF or ICSI waiting list. Lucky for us the waiting list at our clinic (afew years ago) was only 6 months for NHS. By the looks of it with your clinic they may direct you to IUI next

All the best on your fertility journey xxx

Hiya Joyous :)

I would have thoguht IUI too :eh:

I'm sure i've seen people that have a combination of clomid and IUI - so you take the clomid and then take a trigger shot to cause OV when they want and perform IUI...

I'd ask your PCT :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back