My OH

Hi Kim

Here's more :hug: s

I think a lot of relationships go through a different phase when the little one comes along and like Em says I think it's really important to try and sort it out as soon as possible - the sooner it gets sorted out the easier it is to remember how you used to be.

I agree that looking after the baby all day is exhausting and draining at times, especially when they've been grumpy and everything you've tried to get done in the day has amounted to nothing! As soon as my DH comes through the door I want to pass Olivia to him but as I see it, when I was at work and had the journey home when I got in I just wanted to have a few mins chilling out before I started dinner or the washing etc. Of course having a lovely baby at home is fantastic to come into but I still think they need a couple of mins to catch their breath before the next round starts! I don't know your situation so it might be that your OH wants more than a couple of mins to catch his breath etc. I usually say to my DH - you cuddle Olivia and I'll make you a cup of tea (what I'm really telling him is that he can look after Olivia for a bit whilst I read a magazine and slowly pop the kettle on!!)

Do you get to spend anytime alone with your OH?

Lucy x

kim have you thought about doing this either on a weekend or when oh has holiday, do it just for a day.

tell him that he has to look after Rubie for the whole of the day from when you get up inthe morning. go out about 7 or 8 and come back at 5 or 6 like you have had a day at work.

the problem is a lot of men do not know what it is like to have a baby 24 / 7. My dh was the same until i went back to work and he became a stay at home dad.

see if he will agree to do it. just mention that he needs to bond more. make sure that he cant take Rubie round to his family for help though.

Sorry Hunni, Ive just seen this after being away for a while. I just wanted to tell you im on MSN tonight, and hopefully we can have a chat???
Also just to send you a huge :hug:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back