Clingy syndrome - help me pull him off me!

I know there is such thing as anxiety seperation, but at 10 months this is just rediculous. He KNOWS I come back if I go to another room, but he spends the whole day shouting mumma mumma mumma and crawling straight for me, hanging off my leg, sat on my lap or trying to get off my partner so he can come to me. I can't eat dinner/food in front of him because he wants it, even if he is being fed. I can't go out and leave him with Mark without him screaming for few minutes. He goes to bed at 8 now (well has the last week anyway) and doesn't cry when he goes down anymore, he just lays down and that's that, so he doesn't seem upset about me dissapearing.
I can't stand to listen to him cry, but I can't have him hanging off me all the time. He does it when we are out shopping aswell, cries till I pick him up, and I ry not to because I don't want to give into him, but also because it's making my SPD worse quicker.

Can anyone help or give me some advice? He is driving me bonkers. I know he loves me and wants to be near me, but this is getting beyond a joke and it's upsetting my OH because he won't sit with him. It's slowly been getting worse since I found out I was pregnant 2 months ago.

Sorry can't give you any advice but i will be intersted if anyone else has any cos Aimee is exactly the same. I'm not even allowed to go the toilet without her screaming.

Ewan was like that at 10 months i couldn't even go to the loo without him screaming! Hubby was getting upset coz he wouldn stay with him,
he has grown out of it, but still has his clingy moments.

How long did he go through it for Selena? Please tell me there is a light at the end of this clingy tunnel :lol:

my nephew was like this - my poor sister in law couldnt leave a room without him going mental and if he couldnt follow a serious hissy fit followed. he did grow out of it but i dont think she did enough to encourage him to stop (sorry sil! but she just put up with it and waited till he grew out of it which i'm safraid to say was like 6 months or longer :shock: ) i had him & his sister for the day once and he treated me the same, i was so tired - my arms ached from picking him up all the time.

i saw one of those mums the word programmes (the one one that has the tow women who run mumsnet?) and they had a little boy who was doing this. cant remember all the advice but one i do remember was giving them something of yours that they relate to you (she gave him her phone as she never goes anywhere without it) and when you leave the room give it to them saying you look after this for mummy and i will be back for it in a minute. then you leave obviously and come back after a minute but then next time leave for a bit longer. it seemd to do the trick. maybe check out the website (sorry if i'm not allowed to say that - delete it if you want!) and see if they mention it as i wish i could remember their other advice.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Braydon is terrible he went thro this at 8 is month thnen came thro it but since he turned one has got really bad wen i go to work he screams for the 1st half an hour which really make me feel bad

Sami said:
How long did he go through it for Selena? Please tell me there is a light at the end of this clingy tunnel :lol:

was only a couple of weeks maybe 3 max - seems like so long ago!!

Eva has started crying when I leave for work now (i only work 2 and a half days) she also puts her arms up for me when DH has her. Must be the kind of age they are at. Distracting her with something to play with sometimes works, other than that i'm not sure! :think:

Hi

Sami , Kiara does the exact same thing she is such a suck for me, i hope it settles even a little im worried when the next baby comes its gonna really upset her
Katrina

Noah does it to. I just find I have to try to distract him, or OH just plays with him and throws him around cause he loves that. I have given up trying to eat in the same room as him. I feed him while OH eats his dinner then he takes care of him while I sit and eat in the kitchen. Other than that I let him cry. I think you cause trouble for yourslef if you give in to them all the time. If Im in the middle of doing something like the washing up I carry on, that way he will learn that he doesnt get his own way from screaming.

sorry sami obviously with hayden only being 12 weeks i dont really know from my personal experience..but in my book it says that seperation anxiety can start at about 9-10 months..i also remember babysitting OHs best mates baby at this age and as soon as his mummy left the room he would scream and cry,..look around for her..and when she came back would hold on round her legs and want to be picked up! hes 15 months old now and is much better..hes still a bit clingy to her but no where near as bad!! cant give any tips but just wanted to say its completley normal for his age and he should grow out of it soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back