My next challenge....

BellaRiven

Reaction score
It seems Riven has forgotten how to latch properly, I thought he was but my nipples are so sore their bleeding...

So he has the sucking onto the latching lol...

id presever popping him on and breaking it if hes hurting. they need a huge amount of nipple in their mouth and if they are making it pointy and have it even slightly wrong it rubs off the skin! i know how bad it hurts but if you persever im sure he will get it, ALyssa managed to catch on after about 12 days i think. the first 7 were hell and then i got thrush and her latch was horrible and i couldnt even tell cos it hurt that much just to feed her anyway lol.

I will persevere with it I want him to have the best from me.

I'm going to call the local breast feeding lady I think see if I can book an appointment but it will have to wait for now, I am thinking I need help......

its always good to get help, i joined a bf group that is run by a lactation consultant and i found going to that was a big help, we started going at 4 weeks too so for a while she was the youngest there

It could also be you've hit the 'sore stage' everyone goes through before their nipples toughen up :)

day 5 for me was the day i wanted to cry every time i had to try and feed her lol, it got better after that n hurt less each day

First week Ralph didn't latch on properly in hospital and he gave me blood blisters on both nipples and gosh it was painful!!! My left nipple is still very sore!! Xx

harry was the same because i had a section i couldn't sit up straight to feed him properly because it was so painful but it ended up with me with cracked and bleeding nipples and like bev said i cried every time he wanted to feed because it felt like someone was stabbing me i had a blood blister aswell which popped and wouldn't stop bleeding, after your LO feeds just rub some of your milk into your nipple and it'll heal in a couple of days and just persevere with it it is the best thing u can do for your baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back