Do I have an infection in my boob?

Hi hun. It all okay now?
Just saw this thread. Was just gona say keep an eye on where the lump is/was. If the skin goes red or pink ish go to docs coz prob abscess.
I never breast fed but still ended up getting a bloody abscess about 2 months ago. Frigging painful! But if u think it could be go as soon as u can coz much easier to treat When small x

Hi leanne,

Thankfully the lump has gone now and the skin wasn't pink or anything. The lump itself didn't really hurt, just my nipple really really stung. It still does a bit but getting better :)

God, I can't imagine how sore that must be.
My nipples r so sensitive it's agony. I can't imagine actual pain in them! Hope it goes completely soon hun x

:( getting sore again. I fed him from the sore side earlier which was awful, really sore and had to curl my toes through it. Went to feed him again from the sore side and I'm not kidding I nearly hit the roof with pain :( I'm not using that side until it's completely healed because I don't think it's able to heal when I'm still feeding. I'll have to hand express it. Really want to try nipple shields but I won't be able to get to tesco until tomorrow.

He's wants to suck alot today and it's wrecking my good nipple :( just want to cry right now.

Aw bless u. I never breast fed so can't imagine what it's like, but nipple shields do sound like a good idea. Could anyone get them for u and drop them in? X

Just gave him a dummy. I can't wait to stop bf when he's 4 months.

Aw bless u. I never breast fed so can't imagine what it's like, but nipple shields do sound like a good idea. Could anyone get them for u and drop them in? X

No :( and he's not liking this dummy. But both nipples are too sore right now, I must be latching him on wrong even though I've been fine until the last 2 weeks!

Do you have a baby cafe anywhere near you? They're really good for checking positioning etc and can advise on how to make things a little less sore! Are you still checking LOs mouth for signs of thrush? Just thinking about the pain - when C had thrush I could have hit the roof with the pain too, it felt like he sucking needles out (sorry, no other way to describe it!)

There's a breastfeeding group near me I guess. I suppose I've become more relaxed in my positioning :s when he cries I try and look for White spots but haven't seen any yet.

I was reading up about "Vasospasm" where your nipple turns White after feeding and it turns. Think that's down to bad positioning too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back