• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My milk has gone!!

keelie_b

Reaction score
:shock: :shock:

Dylans just come through a growth spurt and was feeding constantly so id have thought id have more milk if anything?
Hes gettin frustrated feeding and he is barely getting anything at all. hes still hungry as well. I have no expressed milk stored should i give him some formula? or just let him keep sucking and sucking and hopefully my ,milk will come back :? ?

I hope this is just a case of running out surely my milk wouldnt just go?

your boobs never run out of milk, the flow might go slower but they never stop. Growth spurt means baby constantly wants the boob, I would just let him stay on there as long as he wants. It is tough going but it will pass :hug:

Are you breastfeeding exclusively?

If so, I doubt your milk has gone, it's more likely that he's frustrated by something else, and you aren't able to express any right now. Your boobs wont ever be completely empty, it's just harder to get the reserves out, that could be why he's frustrated, he wants more quicker?

I would feed the baby more frequently to increase your supply, as the others mentioned, mother nature takes good care of things, a fussy baby tends to be put to the breast more! All demand and supply. Or visa versa.

Keep feeding, if you give formula you'll produce less milk so it'll be the start of a slippery slope... He will be getting enough he may just have to work a bit harder to get it.

Make sure you're drinking plenty, and I'm pretty sure oats are supposed to be very good to help your supply so eat lots of porridge (and flapjack lol)

Good luck hun :hug:

You could try that herbal tea that someone suggested earlier on one of the posts. I havent tried it but it's supposed to b quite good. Organic Mother's Helper Tea. That's what it's called.

Get scoffing some oats hun and drink loads and try and get some rest, your bod will catch up. :hug:

It takes me a couple of days when Eva has a growth spurt to feel 'full' again, but I worry I havent enough in the meantime too, but there always is - she just has to work harder to get it!

Great excuse to lay around eating flapjack though :wink:

Great advice from others. If you are worried you can have your LO weighed and I am pretty sure he's fine. If he's gaining weight he is getting enough milk.

I would not give formula as it will affect your milk supply. Keep feeding - you are doing a great job :hug:

Some great advice keelie, how are things now?

Valentine Xxx

yea there was some great advice, thank ladies :D

It was just a one off night i think. was very reassuring to hear that my milk wont just go and Dylan would always be able to get something. I tried expressing that night and i was struggling to get anything as well. i think Dylan just didnt like that he had to work so hard to get fed :lol:
Everythings fine again now, i noticed that at that time the next evening i was producing a lot more milk, so my supply increased very quickly. i was worried breastfeeding was coming to an end though, i thought it had just gone. All is good though, i took the advice of resting and eating lots, oh its a hard life breastfeeding :D

Yay, so glad to read this. You're doing brilliantly!

Well done you and little Dylan!

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back