My little list of names.

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
Yesterday I sat and read through all the girls names on baby names world, and only found 6 that I could live with, none of which I'm in love with.

They are...

Alice - Nice name and it was Grandma's name, but I'm still not in love with it.

Chelsie - Don't think OH likes it because of football.

Jaida - Me and OH like it but my mum keeps saying it makes her think of star wars (Jedi and Darth Vada).

Layla - Only probably I've got with this is that it can't be shortened to anything?

Scarlett - I like it but it makes me think of scars, also people might call her Scar for short?

Shannon - I think OH has gone off of it and nobody else seems to like it.

What do you all think?

I like Alice and Scarlett...

Kids will shorten any name- Layla will be shortened to 'Lay'...

I love the name Layla, I had it on my list but dh wasn't keen. Bloody men :lol:

i like layla but i always think of the song :rotfl:

I like Scarlett. I don't think or hear 'Scar' for short either when I hear that name.

I can't believe (well I can) you went through all the girls names on baby world :shock: :hug: I must admit though it is hard to find names you like. I found one site that had names from all over the world, in other languages etc, maybe you can find something on that one?

I like Alice, but you have never seemed overly keen. I did like Alice Eve lots. What about Alicia or Alexia? Clara?

Have you checked out the names on this site? http://www.babynamesworld.com/girls-names.html

I LOVE Layla, I was looking at it the other day, spelt Leila :lol: I also like it because its not a name you can easily shorten, I'm weird in that I like names to stay their full length :rotfl: I also LOVE Scarlett, I think its a good, strong and rich name, and makes me think of Gone With The Wind, a classic :D

Don't worry if you feel you don't love any of them, from the minute your LO arrives and you call them by their name, it just seems right, and you do fall in love with it :D Have fun choosing!! :hug:

Thank's for the replies girls. I have always liked Layla and I love the song lol. I doubt I will choose a name before she is born, probably just have a little list then chose one.

Sherlock said:
I like Scarlett. I don't think or hear 'Scar' for short either when I hear that name.

I can't believe (well I can) you went through all the girls names on baby world :shock: :hug: I must admit though it is hard to find names you like. I found one site that had names from all over the world, in other languages etc, maybe you can find something on that one?

I like Alice, but you have never seemed overly keen. I did like Alice Eve lots. What about Alicia or Alexia? Clara?

Have you checked out the names on this site? http://www.babynamesworld.com/girls-names.html

Yes thats the site I used, I only looked at the commonly used in english names though.

I do quite like Alicia, but it seems really popular in my area at the moment, a friend from school has just had a little girl and named her Alicia.

I used to absolutely adore the name Caitlyn but about 5 years ago everyone round here was calling their baby girls Caitlyn so that threw that one out of the window.

I secretly like Summer aswell, but I feel like I shouldn't, this is the first time I've ever told anybody that :shhh:

xJodieLoux said:
I secretly like Summer aswell, but I feel like I shouldn't, this is the first time I've ever told anybody that :shhh:

I think Summer is lovely :)

Sherlock said:
xJodieLoux said:

I think Summer is lovely :)

But the thing is, my baby will almost definatley have dark hair (OH and I both have dark brown hair) and hazel eyes (my eyes are hazel but OH's are blue), and when I think of the name Summer, I picture a little blue eyed, blonde haired girl :roll:

i love the name Scarlett - i think its lovely - also mum keeps going on about the name Layla and its starting to grow on me!! :D

I think I'm liking Jaida the most at the moment. Just been looking at the top 100 for 2007 and Jaida and Chelsie are the only two out of my list not on it. I've gone off of Chelsie now though :roll:

I think Layla is my second favourite, it came in at number 84 last year, up from 90 in 2006.

Oooh my new fave from your list is now Summer :D Although, Scarlett is a close second x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back