My HR asked me if I was pregnant!

knopk@

Reaction score
I couldnt believe it but my HR asked me if I was pregnant. She explained that I stopped drinking and smoking (I am a social smoker, will have a cigarette when I am out and drinking:roll:). But every year in January husband and I go dry for 2 months or so just to detox and lose all the weight from Xmas!

So I tried to turn it into a joke and asked her if I looked that fat after Xmas.

I dont know if she believed me or not.

Now I am wondering how many people actually suspect at work, but I am not telling anyone anything until I find out everything is ok.

P.S: I still try to come in with a cup from Starbucks in the morning, normally I cant live without coffee. So not to raise suspicions I get either decaf or something else.:x

Hi, I work in HR and that's really unprofessional! Even if I suspected id
Never say!

Well done on playing it down and Congrats on your bean :) xx

I also work in HR and THAT is totally against policy no matter where u are. Naughty naughty naughty!

Thanks for replies, ladies. The girl in question is very nice, I am sure she didnt mean it in a bad way. We do have a small company, around 30 ppl, so lots of gossip around always.

The only thing I am scared of is that there will be a rumour and then something goes wrong :-( I know I am paranoid, but I had my bad experience.

I am a bit bloated at the moment so trying to wear clothes that are more loose, maybe that's why it looked suspicious.

Anyway, hoping for the best at my scan today, cant stop being nervous, I think I will bombard them with questions today.

Last edited:
Well good luck and ask all the questions you need to! Enjoy seeing your little person today!! Xxx

I too am waiting for that question in work, but apparently legally they can ask you, you only have to tell them by 15 weeks before your due date (i think thats right) but I agree I think it's really unprofessional, plus you want to tell them on your terms, good luck hun, she was probably just worried about you

Ladies, thanks for the wishes, I am sure she meant well, I was just thrown off by the question.

Will update on the scan later, have to run now

So I went for a scan today, was petrified they wont see anything. I laid down down and bless her, she told me straigh away she could see the sac, so there was a relief it's not an ectopic pregnancy. But obviously they cant see anything, she said there is something that look like it will become a yolk sac, but it's too early.

So going back in a week to see the heartbeat hopefully, still petrified as my last PG ended 5w4d
Trying to think positive

That sounds really positive hun, let us know how next week goes, really pleased it went well

Sounds like it's progressing well!

Let us know how your next scan goes hun xx

Sounds positive so far, i was in the same position to you and am too waiting for next scan to see heart beat! Fingers crossed for us both! keep us updated, xoxo

Sounds like things are looking positive!!

That was a bit rude of that girl to say that though, in her job she should know better imo!!

Lexus, Sassysugar, Happy, Polo Princess, thanks ladies. We can only hope and wait.

The doctor said to have scan on the 28th Jan but I just cant take another morning off work next week, its maddness at the moment and also it would be too early so decided to have it on 4th Feb, I will be 7w4d (fingers crossed), if everything goes well, we will be able to see the embryo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back