My gym are such teefs!!

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Well i really want to cancel my gym membership its £55 a month but i go on average 0-1 times a week, they said although I have been a member for 2 yrs or so in order to cancel i have to write with 3mths notice... a mth fair enough but 3 flipping months???
Any ideas on what I can do with regards to this...

£55 a month :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

are the dumbells gold :shock:

can you not cancel the direct debit or just not pay them anymore while they cancel it?
manda xx

i wish im not sure if they can do this, i really dont want to go back! Id rasther spend that cash on my future bubby! if i stayed the 9mths thats nearly 500 i could have spent on nipper?!! well when i get preggo...

Budge ud think so wouldnt u? i expected to go there and see jesus walking on the pool for that amount!!

x

Most gym contracts have a clause were you can take a payment break.

Give your notice and then do that for the last three months....... :D

i just cancelled the direct debit two months early. They wrote to me telling me i was no longer a member until i repaid the month not paid for and i claimed i had written to them to cancel the membership months ago. They never questioned it. It was my word against theirs, they can't be bothered with it. Naughty but so are they!

Gyms survive on money of people that don't go. My friend who ownes a gym said there is no way there is room for all the members but they need non-going members to keep it open!

either ring ur bank.. pop in or go online and cancel the direct debit.. theres nothing they can do.. not like they are gonna take you to court for cencelling your own membership.. its a way they get £ out of people.. i wouldnt bother writting to them.. jsut cancel the dd..

Steelgoddess said:
Well i really want to cancel my gym membership its £55 a month but i go on average 0-1 times a week, they said although I have been a member for 2 yrs or so in order to cancel i have to write with 3mths notice... a mth fair enough but 3 flipping months???
Any ideas on what I can do with regards to this...

Do you have the agreement you signed when you joined? Read the small print and see what it says. And ask for a copy of their (if updated) regulations also and have a read. If it says that its a bit awkward but you may be able to negotiate with them. I think expecting 3 months is a bit steep.

I'd explain you are now pregnant and no longer plan to use the gym. Maybe they will be nice. If not maybe go see CAB and see if the gym actually can hold you to three months notice. If you pay monthly I thought it was only a months notice needed for such things. If you pay quarterly then I could understand it.

Sorry I can't help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back