birthing/gym balls

Noor~ul~Usman

Reaction score
Hey girls :wave:
Thought this might be more appropriate for us 3rd tri-ers :)

I've decided I really want a birthing/gym ball as I'm now 34weeks and convinced that although bumpy is head down he is also back to back :wall:
Never thought about it before but had physio and antenatal classes today which have convinced me. It's all pressure down on my pelvis (and everytime I see m/w he's head down) and kicks are both sides (and some times front) of my tummy which m/w says means back to back otherwise he'd be kicking my spine instead :roll:
And they were making quite a fuss that by 35weeks you need to be trying to turn them :oops:
They'll go into more detail in later classes. Was a tiny turn out today and I'm the furtherest along by a few weeks.

I pulled out a gym ball I've been dragging around for years but never used. It comes with a work out DVD and it's 65cm diameter but when I've just inflated it, it seems kind of small compared to the ones at the sure start centre. It certainly feels quite low when I'm leaning on it and I daren't sit on it :lol:

I'm determined to get a bigger one ASAP but don't know where from or what measurement I need to be looking for :think:

Ooooh I just found one I can get online at 75cm :cheer:

However now I'm confused because it has a guide for how tall you are and what size ball you should have and at 5' 5" it reckons a 65cm ball is right :think:

I tell you though I'm sure I'm gona squash it!!! :rotfl:
And they were definately bigger at the centre :roll:

Hey chick, have you inflated it as much as it will go? I know it sounds an obvious question but I was having the same problem with mine at first, as I was aware that your hips should be higher than your knees when sat on it but mine werent and Im only 5'3". Keep pumping until its really rock hard, you wont burst it, trust me! Its hard work getting that last bit of air into it but you will notice the difference once you sit on it. OnceI got mine right, it was an absolute godsend and I couldnt sit on anything else in the final weeks, it was so comfy! Plus Im sure it helped contribute to getting baby in the right position and letting me have a quick labour! :hug:

pie&twink said:
I've got this one from Birth Ease & it seems huge! It's the 75cm one. I'm 5ft 5" & it comes to the bottom of my bum cheek!! :lol:

http://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_sh ... Ball.shtml
PS:It says this on the site:

' It's anti-burst construction means that should the ball get punctured whilst you are sitting on it, it will deflate gradually to prevent you and your baby from injury. '

hiya, ive got a 65cm ball.. cheapy from asda. at first i thought it ws too small as i had to have my legs straight out in front of me to make my knees lower than my hips... HOWEVER once the OH blew it up its much better!! I think they just need inflating again every so often as prob not used to all the "action" they are getting. Afterall if you were exercising on it would you be using it so often?! :lol:
As for back to back, i saw my consultant yesterday who suggested that baby was "slightly" back to back BUT the midwife said the day before that it wasnt... i think its got a lot to do with what youve been up to as b4 consultant i had been asleep.. before midwife i had been walking around for hours. No-one seemed to be worried that baby wouldnt turn round & im 38 weeks so i prob wouldnt worry yourself too much :D
get inflating that ball youve already got & save yourself some money!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back