**MY FINAL TRY**

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
:?
Well im pretty sure you lot know that my eldest dosent, and hasnt ever slept through. We are hitting 18 months in the next few days and i seriously cant believe we've lasted this long. :cry:
We were gonna start a whole 'new' way when we moved into our new house (10 days away) but im afraid we cant even last that long...
Last night was a complete joke. I have to make 3 bottles to go to bed with, all for Hannah, by 2:30am... she'd been up 3 times and drank ALL 3 of them. So i said i wasnt going in AGAIN. So i didnt... and she cried for 2 hours. slept for about 1 hour, woke again and cried, continues through the night. Emily HAS to sleep downstaires now, cos other wise ill end up with 2 kids screaming.
Emily sleeps PERFECTLY for 14 hours a night -THERE IS NO REASON WHY HANNAH CANT DO THE SAME.

We've tried control crying on and off for about a year, but its always upset me too much, plus i have a child that has stanima... not kidding, she has cried till she has vomited, and cried for over 3 hours straight on many occasions.

Now i KNOW she is fine... in the earlier days i could never be 'too sure' (teething ect) She is an angel through the day... shes not ill, no temp... i beleive she actually thinks its totally normal to wake up, up to 10 times a night and for me or daddy to be there EVERYTIME to settle her with a bottle. (she wont take a dummy)

And ive had it... :wall: :wall: :wall:

So for the next two weeks, me and daddy aint going in to that room after 11pm (when i change her nappy) till 6am.

ill keep this thread updated on how i get on.

p.s. actually i have an appointment with the doc on friday also about her sleeping, ill let you know if he has any secret answers....

Let me know cos Imogen is just the same and i am at the end of my tether as well - keep us posted!

Oooh good luck Red_Fairy!

Does Hannah need to have her nappy changed at 11pm? I'd be tempted to buy super absorbent ones and leave her as changing her then may start leading to a disturbed night's sleep?

Valentine Xxx

Sending you tons of good luck and very best wishes !! :pray: :pray: :pray:
I really hope you have the strength to do it, but I think together you will have all the support you need, hang in there, I honestly think it may be the only way, and as she is older she does know you will be back for her, despite the fact she may not be happy about having to wait until 6am. I sooooooooooooooooooo hope its a pleasant surprise and you only have to go through any upset for a night, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Stanley is still not a good sleeper, so I feel your pain.

Wishing you lots and lots of good luck and if it'll help at all, at 4am when you are lying there listening to a screaming toddler, think of me and OH 100 miles south doing the same :lol: :hug:

Sending luck your way hun!

I'm on the second bout of sleep training, night 2. She went down without a fight tonight! Bottle, cuddle, into cot, gone.......so we'll see how many times I'm up tonight with her!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have you tried offering water at night instead of milk? I only ask because ds started sleeping better after I closed the milk bar at 8pm and he only got water. Sorry if that's really obvious.

Good luck hun :hug:

Last edited:
What maybebaby said was what I was thinking also. Offer water instead of milk.

And also maybe try to not change nappy at 11pm.

Good luck. I watched a supernanny recently where the little girl was waking for milk and they managed to solve it and she started sleeping through, the girl was 3 though and was still breastfeeding every 3 hours during the day as well as at night :shock:

I agree with not changing her nappy at 11pm it probably disturbs her.

And i wouldnt offer anything to drink after she is in bed. It just encourages waking no matter if its milk or water. Good luck hopefully it works this time

You must be shattered. Really hope you find a solution soon. How was last night?

Thanks everyone for the support.
Regarding the nappy change at 11pm, if we dont do that she will leak by 2am, she goes to bed at about 6:30 with 1 bottle, ive tried other nappies but nothing seems to help, shes in size 5+, if anyone knows a good brand of nappy (tried pampers/huggies/tesco/sainsburys - and find pampas and tescos best) that might help that - im all ears, ive left her somtimes after 11, and she always wakes up anyway, wanting to be settled.

Weve also tried using only water, which SOMTIMES helps and other times she refuses point blanck to drink it and screams, till we give in and get her milk (i know this is our fault....)

Last night was bad, but we knew it would be, she cried for 3 hours straight, from midnightish till 3:30am, she then slept and woke in half hour sequences till 6:30am.
But when we got up with her this morning, we discoverd she'd done a poo... SOOOOO that might have been the reason more then anything *que major guilt*
My OH says hes proud of me... even tho at about 3am this morning i got out of bed and started crying myself... he stopped me going in to see her...i know he's right, but i was so exhasted (ive been under the weather recedntly too)

ANYWAYS, she's brilliant again this morning, dosnt seem to hate me anyway lol. So overall i feel ok. Up for round 2 tonight :rotfl: :sleep:

WOW!!! I just wanting to say reading your post you sound SOOO POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to suggest apart from the nappy and water thing the others suggested...

Im no expert so I doubt i'll be able to offer any advice apart from that, maybe found out about outside help? Unsure if there are any but get some advice from parentline, sleep clinic etc, maybe ask doctor etc...

Maybe there is something else which is bothering her which is harder to pick up visually?

Just an idea and trying to offer some support...

:hug:

shes workin u hard isnt she, u poor thing :hug: :hug:

hope u manage to crack it, and soon so u can get a gd nights kip :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back