My dads in hospital (again) :(

nicki

Reaction score
He has to go to the hospital every few weeks for his treatment, just a few hours thing (he's got cancer & a large tumour in his back) and had to go again today but they've kept him in as his movement in his legs has been getting worse over the last few weeks & they don't know whats causing it.

He's having a MRI scan tomorrow (again) and having another course of radiotherapy, which they don't normally do as he's already had a dose and the consultant said it 'could' result in him becoming paralysed :shock: but also added that within a few weeks he will probably be confined to a wheelchair anyway because his legs don't work properly.

It feels like this is never ending, he first went into hospital with it just before Christmas 2005 for 6 weeks. I was pregnant at the time as was able to go to the hospital every day & be there for my Mum but now we've moved away & Jamie's here so not that easy to do. I want to cry :cry:

Sorry I can't do anything to help - but have this instead :hug:

aw Nicki, Im so sorry. Thinking of you x

Aw so sorry to see this, I hope it works out OK :( My stepdad has to go in every few weeks too, he had his chemo when I was pregnant.

Really sorry to hear that hun, i hope you are ok. (((((hug))))

Just wanted to give you a hug and say if you ever want a chat to PM me... I've been there before with my Mum so I know it is hard.

:hug:

honey i'm sorry things are bad for your dad again. it must be hard knowing you arent round the corner anymore too.

am away next week so wont be about to chat but will email you when i get home and see how things are.

on a lighter note alex sends big hugs (no kisses though as he has learnt his lesson there - the mark faded very quickly :lol: ) to alex and hopes his grandad feels better soon

take care hun :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

nicki.... sorry the hear your news!

My brother in laws girlf is currently in hospital with bowel cancer and a brain tumour. Its so deverstating how wide spread cancer really is.

All i can say is i hope the treatment works for him :hug:

xxxxxxx

Thank you everyone :hug: I'm waiting to hear from my Mum at the mo. about the results from the MRI scan, she's at the hospital now so hoping she'll phone me soon.

Just an update on my Dad.
The tumour has grown and is swamping his spine again and causing nerve damage hence losing the use of his legs so he had a dose of radioptherapy today & has to have more on Mon, Tues & Wed. so fingers crossed it shrinks the tumour again, as my Mum said cancer usually wins but at least it buys some more time.
The poor old sod has been though so much, its all so horrid. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back