My cervix is open, Does this mean miscarriage?

jacquidube

Reaction score
Cant seem to stop worrying that something is going to go wrong with this pregnancy.
I know I used to be constantly checking my cervix through the months but when I checked today the cervix is slightly open which I know isnt normal if I am now pregnant. I went to the doctors on Thursday about my positive and he said he would write to my gyno because of my 4 miscarriages. But I know they wont hurry things along, they never did last time and I miscarried again because they wouldnt give me anything.
I rang the fertility clinic on friday and they just said if I have any concerns to go to my hospital......what can they do? I am too early to scan. I just want something to support this pregnancy and now I am worried about my cervix being open.
Im not having any cramps or bleed but worried about what state my cervix should be in right now.
Sorry to go on, Im not being very optimistic am I?
Thankyou for letting me sound off.
All my love Jacqui x x

I know that definately from the end of the first trimester in pregnancy towards the end your cervix actually feels fingertip open at the bottom so I presume this is the case all the way through as they said to be when scanning for bleeding 'no change in cervix'. I've not felt mine though.

Speak to your doc hun if you're worried. Sorry I can't help more.

Hi Jacqui,

I too am waiting for something to go wrong in this pregnancy, I'm a little naive about this cervix thing, but should you really keep checking that often?? I mean can't you aggrevate it and make yourself bleed??? how do you know if its open? what do you have to do (prob too much info) is it right up high??? I felt a bobble the other day when I tried (I think). lol...
sorry you probably think I'm a right luney.... just would'nt want to do any damage.....

Try and relax hun I think you should go back to your GP or ring tomorrow and request an early scan at EPU, I am going to tomorrow, I don't care what they think of me or how early it is, I'm gonna hang on to this bean if it's the last thing I do....

I'm thinking of you hun..................
PM me if you want a chat
Loads of love and (((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Davinia.xx

Hi Davinia

No I shouldnt be checking my cervix really because if it is slightly open then I could get an infection. So Have stopped now and just wait and see.
Your cervix is that odd feeling (like a large plum) lump with a dint in the middle. The dint opens and closes depending on the time of the month.
It is meant to be tightly closed apparently when pregnant. But then again I have had 3 children and it never truly closes. I worry with everything because when I miscarried last time my cervix was open quite wide.

I am getting backache now quite low but I dont worry as much with them, I usually worry if the pains come from the front.
I actually miscarried without a bleed last time. They called it a missed miscarriage and thats another reason why I am constantly worrying.

Hope you are ok today. Going to the docs tomorrow too.

Dinner burniong must go
Speak soon love jacqui. x x x

Hiya Honey,

Thanx for replying...

I have had back ache every day since last wednesday, it always seems to be on my right side, I can get rid of it by morning but then have it again all day. I had spotting and back ache when I miscarried in August. My womb etc was growing but the baby wasn't then the heartbeat just stopped. Natures way of saying it wasn't right, although I am s**t scared that history is repeating itself, this bl***y back ache is killing me.
I am going to rest for a while.
See doc tomorrow will let you know how I get on.
Hope all well with you hun, I am thinking of you.

(((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))

Love Davinia.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back