My bubba has Asthma :(

Em78

Reaction score
Went for Alex's 6 month check today and the Dr checked out his wheezing and decided its def asthma (i know they dont test till 2years but our doc says he is confident its def asthma as he has excema as well and my dh and sil have asthma too)

he has to take a preventer morning and evening, a different preventer 4 times a day and then a reliever as & when he wheezes. he has a little plastic tube thing with a mask on one end to take them with - so far he thinks its for blowing raspberries with :roll:

also got more creams to try on his skin - came out of the pharmacy with half their stock i think :lol:

Docs said its best to start treating early as they tend to grow better if its being treated. Just glad they have recognised it. last doc i saw told me some babies are just wheezy after colds (4 weeks after?) and not to worry :evil:. wish i'd asked my own doc for a second opinion then.

xxxxx

If you have problems with the spacer and mask, get a plastic cup, cut a hole in the bottom, put the inhaler through the hole and use the cup as a face mask.

Thanks tracie thats a good idea. seems ok with it at the mo so will see how we go. :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back