Asthma & Flue Jabs?

Em78

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone knows if little ones with Asthma are recommnded to have the flu jab? they always offer my dh one as he has asthma but he refuses as he's a big strong guy! but alex might well need it :?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i hadnt thoughbt about this with B
not sure but will be keeping an eye on this thread

i know Sarah i only thought about it as i was reading something in the paper about Dr's not having received the vaccine yet. it made me think i had read somewhere that people with Asthma should have it.

i checked with dh and like i said he is offered it. i dont know whether to wait to see if they contact me or go in and ask :?

Does B have to go to an Asthma clinic? been 3 months since alex was diagnosed and he saw the doc two weeks after but no one since. not sure how regularly they would want to see them.

tracey m had a lo with Asthma but i havent seen her on for a while :?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i dunno bout asthma clinic no one ever sed nething about it :roll:
go in and ask and then let me know :wink:

Daniel got his first flu jab last year, he's just got his appointment through for this years, so I don't think they offer it before they're 12.

Dan is supposed to go to asthma clinic every 3 months (height / weight and peak flow readings). Alex goes once a month, but once he turns 1, he'll be every 3 months as long as it's under control. We've just had extra appointments for them both as Dan gets worse in autumn and Alex is a bit chesty.

Up until a couple of years ago, our surgery used to ask Dan to go in for an appointment after every 3rd repeat prescription, patients have found it easier when they have set intervals though, so they've stuck with that. Rather than seeing the GP, they see the practice nurse first come first served so it's a lot quicker than waiting for a set appointment which ends up an hour late.

thanks tracy :) no one has contacted us re the asthma clinic at all. costor mentioned it when first diagnosed but nothing has happened since and that was three months ago :? might have to give them a call.

cheers hun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back