My boobies huuuurrttt! Lol! *Update Mastitis*

nickilubs

Reaction score
Finally gave in and went to docs today, its mastitis. :( Really hoped I could self help with massaging and warm baths pumping often but it just kept appearing in the other breast in a different place. Oh well I'll take my pills now. Thankyou for all you replys though they were all really helpful. :)

Owch! I think I'm growing more milk because my left breast is soooooooo achy! I'm going to express some off now its like the first few days of BF-ing all over again! Anyone have any miracle cures? Ta xx

If you have a achy boob look out for mastitis.. is your boob hot? got lumps in? are you feeling unwel? Massaging your boob while expressing will help. If you have any of these syptoms then some anti bi's may be needed. Hope its not mastitis and just your boob full of milk :hug: xx

keli said:
If you have a achy boob look out for mastitis.. is your boob hot? got lumps in? are you feeling unwel? Massaging your boob while expressing will help. If you have any of these syptoms then some anti bi's may be needed. Hope its not mastitis and just your boob full of milk :hug: xx

:cry: It doesnt sound good Im nearly crying I didnt cry in labour this hurts worse! my boobs are like like hot plates and the left one has a lump almost like a muscel running down. I feel kind of headachy and expressing has made it hurt more!

nickilubs said:
keli said:

:cry: It doesnt sound good Im nearly crying I didnt cry in labour this hurts worse! my boobs are like like hot plates and the left one has a lump almost like a muscel running down. I feel kind of headachy and expressing has made it hurt more!

If it's still like it tomorrow then get to the doctors. Best to sort it sooner.

nickilubs said:
keli said:

Sweetie, you need to feed often from that side, rest as much as you can and apply heat to it.

Try and place the babys chin towards the lump while feeding too

I express all the milk because she doesnt latch I always try and massage them as I express. I will do it every half hour or so now to see if it helps I usually do it every 2-3hours. Could it be just milk building up?

nickilubs said:
I express all the milk because she doesnt latch I always try and massage them as I express. I will do it every half hour or so now to see if it helps I usually do it every 2-3hours. Could it be just milk building up?

Sounds like a blocked duct, if not the start of mastitus. Soak ur breast in warm water for 10 mins (3 times a day) use hot packs etc. Massage the area while it is warm and express some milk immediately after

Symptoms of blocked duct - tender spot, redness or a sore lump in the breast.
Mastitis - if the symptoms of a blocked duct are accompanied by a fever or flu like symptoms (feeling tired, achy or run down)

Might be best to get checked out just in case.

It sounds like mastitis.. as has been said keep expressing from that side maybe have hot shower and massage the lump under the water :hug: sounds like you will need anti bi's believe it clears up quite quick with them. Hope the pain eases. :hug:

:( Hope it clears up soon and your not in to much pain :hug:

Smacked botty for you! Make sure you go soon...

Hope it gets better soon honey, :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back