• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My birth plan what do you think???

evie_smith

Reaction score
If I give birth to a boy he will be named Layton Paul smith. If a girl chloé Anne smith

I don't know the sex of the baby and would like for my husband to tell me when baby is born

My birthing partners are my husband Daniel smith and mother-in-law rosemary smith

For pain relief I would like to use gas and air

In later stages of labour I would like to use pethadine

In the case I ask to have an epidural I would prefure a mobile epidural as I don't like not being able to move

Because of my previous c-section I understand I will need monitoring but would not like to be constantally strapped to a machine and would like to be able to move around as much as possible

When baby is born I'm requesting to have straight skin to skin contact if possible

I would like to know weight and time of babys birth

I would appriciate if either my mother in law or husband could cut the babys cord

I'm planning to breastfeed my baby and would hope if needed I would recieve help and guidence wharle in hospital

I would like to breastfeed within the first hour of delivery

Thankyou for taking your time to read my birthplan

Evelyn x

Sooooo what do you think??? Too pushy too much?? Lol I just would be gutted if I was strapped in and then mw told me babys sex @.@ lol what do you think? Have I missed anything? X

No that sounds great hun. Have you any preferance over delivery of placenta whether you want the jab or do it naturally? do you want cord to be left intact till it stops pulsating? xx

Nope no prefrences lol I'm happy with jab coz they can never get it out haha took them around 15 mins both times then it came away haha!! So I'm happy with clamp clip jab and pull haha!! :rotfl: oh so lady like lol last time I had three trying to get it out haha!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great evie x don't be afraid to be pushy with what you want-it's your birth and your experience x

Thanks ladies I just worry it sounds pushy or too lax and they won't pay attension lol! X

great birth plan have you wrote it down in your file so the m/w can see? m/w just said to me at last app have you thought about anything I said well I dont know the sex and when I had monty he came out and the mw shouted ohh we have a boy, I said I dont want that to happen this time I want skin to skin then for me and o/h to look ourselfs she just said ohh well just tell the mw you have on the day thats what you want. Then that was it didnt ask no more about my birth plan and its not wrote down

i have put them in my labour bag because my notes are crumpled haha havent even got it printed just scribbled on paper hahahaha! but i thought if it is on paper they know :D

Great birth plan Evie

What about cleaning baby up? I have always been disapointed that we can't do the clean up baby afterwards, even tho a section, they alwhays arrive washed and dressed!

So that's one thing I'm going for this time, I don't care how sticky and messy, once he is rubbed to get him going , then over to us the whole time. If I can't do it due to being sorted out with the section, then OH has to do it, I would like to watch, he will be our baby

Oh at the hosp I'm going to they just plonk them on ya chest naked and messy lol zander had popped inside me and they put a towel on me and layed him straight on he smelt haha!

yea I've always been given a very messy baby in fact when my sister was with us at dolly's birth she give her head a little rub with the towel before she give her a kiss lol she said I love her but not that much haha

Evie, love your birth plan and got me thinking, suppose I do HAVE to start and think about it haha. What is a mobile epidural? never heard of that? x

yea I've always been given a very messy baby in fact when my sister was with us at dolly's birth she give her head a little rub with the towel before she give her a kiss lol she said I love her but not that much haha

lol :)

Evie, love your birth plan and got me thinking, suppose I do HAVE to start and think about it haha. What is a mobile epidural? never heard of that? x

It's the pain relief of an epidural but oh can still walk around it's good x

Oh that sounds good haha. I'll have to ask about it x

Had it with my son till I got hooked to a machine then they just topped me up with the other stuff think it's just a higher dossage lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back